Thursday, February 26, 2015

Belated... Happy New Year?

Yes, I'm a week late posting this Chinese New Year card I made... but in my defence, I wanted it to get to its destination before I posted it. And I may have hoped it would travel from my house to there in two days. Maybe not. :D Better late than never, here it is: 


We are now in the Year of the Sheep! (It can also be the Year of the Goat; I don't have many goat stamps...) I was sure this sheep was holding a little gift, so thought it would be perfect for a not-very-traditional New Year's card. Of course, when I got the set out, it was the cow holding a gift, and the sheep had a cupcake. So I masked the sheep's front legs with washi tape before stamping and embossing her. I also stamped her on a post-it note so I had a mask for sponging the background. Then I stamped, embossed, coloured and fussy-cut the cow's front legs and adhered them to the sheep. I popped the present up just a bit with a double layer of glue dots for a hint of definition. 
Simon Says Stamp is having an Anything Goes Wednesday challenge this week, so I'm entering. 

Supplies: white & red cardstock, Simple Stories Summer Fresh patterned paper, Pink Cat Studio Farm Animals & Neat & Tangled Gifts for You stamps, Memento Luxe grey flannel & Simon Says Stamp schoolhouse red inks, clear embossing powder, red Spectrum Noir marker, Marvy gold metallic marker, Wink of Stella clear glitter marker

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lindsey :-) the little sheep is adorable and I love the background and simple design :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Chris Dring said...

Wow! Your Frankensteined sheep/cow looks adorable! What a cute card!

Teresa Doyle said...

Awww, this card is adorable.

Jessi Fogan said...

Perfectly masked, Lindsey, omg! I love the flowers in the grass :)

Heather said...

I never would have guessed those were cows feet lol. Great job making all work. And 'year of the sheep' sounds so much better than 'goat.'