Saturday, November 22, 2014

Squirrel!

My friend and papercrafter extraordinaire Emily happens to like squirrels. So much in fact that she is currently hosting a Squirrelfest challenge on her blog! Since I have a squirrel stamp or two, how could I not play along? And since I'm also rather behind on my holiday cards, a squirrelly Christmas card it is:


I thought it would take me several attempts to sponge a northern lights background I would be happy with, but the one you see is my very first try! On the other hand, the squirrels? I had the hardest time getting them coloured to my satisfaction. On my second-last try, I wasn't paying enough attention and the boy squirrel decided to don a sweater that clashed with the green in the Aurora Borealis. Sheesh. (He and his skating partner will likely end up on a different card or maybe a tag.) The sentiment went on the inside; partly not to disturb the serene scene, and partly because I didn't want to risk ruining my sponged panel. ;) 
My little skaters can also remind you that there are a few days left to play in the current Naughty or Nice challenge: Festive Furballs! Hope you are enjoying your weekend. 

Supplies: white and navy linen cardstock, Strathmore mixed media paper, Amuse Squirrel Capades stamp, Memento tuxedo black and peeled paint, milled lavender, tumbled glass, broken china faded jeans & chipped sapphire distress inks, watercolour pencils, pop-dot tape and squares

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Eeek! This is the most darling little card, Linds! I really love the Aurora Borealis and, of course, those squirrels are adorable. Thanks so much for playing along in my SquirrelFest Challenge!

Becca Cruger said...

Awww this is so cute. I love the fact that you decided to sponge the Northern Lights.

Heather said...

I'm not sure what I like more, the lights or the squirrels...or your heading of "Squirrel" -- love this. And, great color on the sweaters...they look good on my computer screen.

Jessi Fogan said...

SQUIRREL! I still like to interject that now & then when the kids are talking to me. They don't like it, but pffft.
Not only are those squirrels adorable, but the Northern Lights? Oh em gee! I love it!

Jocelyn Olson said...

LOL!! This card is so sweet, I can hardly contain myself. The Northern Lights are really cool--I don't know if I've seen that done before. I think the squirrels look great with the sky. Such a cute card!

Anonymous said...

Your Northern Lights are lovely and a little gentler than mine. Those squirrels are so very cute and look a little tentative on the ice, very much like me in fact.
Heather