Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Online Card Class -- Card 3

Another card inspired by the online card class Stretch Your Stamps 2 -- and yes, it's another card just from the first day's lessons! 


This one again uses Shari Carroll's watercolour technique, while the layout is inspired by Lisa Spangler's card. I really like how the distress inks blended on this, and lets the background stamp become a pretty foreground. ;) 
With that, I think I might even be ready to move on to the next section of the class... alphabet and sentiment stamps! 

Supplies: Stampin' Up rich razzleberry cardstock, Strathmore 140 lb watercolour paper, Impression Obsession roses & Papertrey Ink simple sunflower sentiment stamps, Versafine onyx black & Victorian velvet, faded lipstick, stormy sky & dusty concord distress inks, clear embossing powder, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

OMG, I think this is my favourite! The colours are perfect, and I love the sentiment & layout. Just beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

The colours did blend beautifully on this panel and I like the split layout.
Heather

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Linds! I love the colours and the way the inks blend across the flowers. Of course, it's even prettier in person. :)