Saturday, August 17, 2013

Tying One On?

It's Saturday, and that means it's time for a new Drunken Stampers challenge! When you see the theme of this week's challenge, I'm sure you'll understand why I couldn't quite resist my blog post title...



Keeping with the person, place or thing theme, our "thing" this week is twine! Or if you prefer, string or hemp. I'd imagine jute would sneak in under the challenge guidelines, as well. I went with classic baker's twine:



When I saw this cute Up and Away set by Mama Elephant (animals? balloons?), I knew it would enjoy living at my house. But I have a small confession... I'm not entirely sure what this animal is! Some kind of cuter-than-real-life badger, perhaps? He's the one I wanted to use, so I decided I didn't really care. I stamped him again on a sticky note and cut him out to use as a mask to stamp the balloons. I coloured everything with Twinkling H2Os so there's a subtle shimmer, especially to the balloons. And of course he's floating through the sky! It was one of those rare occasions when a paper and a twine matched perfectly. I also liked how the polka-dot paper echoed the round balloons. 
So break out your twine or twine-like materials, and come join us! 


Supplies: white cardstock, My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Fly a Kite patterned papers, Mama Elephant Up and Away stamps, Versafine onyx black ink, Zing clear embossing powder, Twinkling H2Os, Twinery Caribbean twine, Creative Memories corner-rounding punch, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Totally adorable card Lindsey!! Love that you colored the image as a badger! It could also be a fox. I don't know, I'm not quite sure what it is either! LOL! But loved how you colored him! Great job!

Lynne Mizera said...

Oh I LOVE This one Lindsey - Great card!

Lisa Arana said...

soooooo cute! i love the paper and that cutie pie critter. I was wondering what he was too. Fox, raccoon, badger??? who knows, but he is darn tootin' cute.

Barbara Godden said...

My vote is for a fox, Super cute card, great used of the "thing"

Diane said...

Love your card- love the layers of twine and you coloring of that cute mystery animal! The balloons and the papers- both the clouds and the polka dots- all come together for such a fun card that no matter what he is- it is all adorable!

Unknown said...

fabulous! i love your coloring and layout...the twine is perfect!

Karen Schroeder said...

Great use of he bakers twine! Your card is fantastic! Love it!

Jessi Fogan said...

Miscellaneous cute animals are the best :) LOVE the title you came up with - and that card is adorable :)

Jen W. said...

Hmmm... he is a bit of a mystery creature isn't he? A cute one though so he can get away with it. That cloud paper is perfect and I like how the dots tie everything together!

Janice said...

Brilliant! What a fun card, love it, Jx