Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Old and New

This week at Crafty Creations Challenges, we are asking you to use something old and something new! Our sponsor is Inky Impressions, and I used a (new) sentiment from their store, paired with an (old) image from Paper Smooches to make a gift tag:


While I was on the old/new theme, I decided to look at it another way. I looked through my collection of previously stamped, die-cut and patterned paper scraps, and combined a few to create a new card: 


The diecut daisies, embossed panel, and patterned paper are all "old"; the ribbon is being used for the first time. 
I've shown two different ways to interpret "something old, something new"; I'm sure you can come up with more! Remember to link up your creation by next Tuesday evening.

Supplies: (tag) white cardstock, Simple Stories Summer Fresh patterned paper, Paper Smooches and Inky Impressions images, Prismacolor pencils, hole punch, paper raffia ribbon, pop-dot tape; (card) white cardstock. watercolour paper, Recollections patterned paper, Simon Says Stamp fresh daisies die, Cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder, tumbled glass & peeled paint distress inks, Creative Memories corner-rounding punch, May Arts ribbon, pop-dot tape
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

That tag is berry sweet :) I am in LOVE with your card, though - the perfectly coloured blooms, the rounded corners, the soft colours...beautiful!!!

Isha Gupta said...

This is a great theme Linds. What a contrast of the PP, font and colors. TFS

Kary said...

So gorgeous, Lindsey!! I love the sweet tag and the Beautiful card with the daisies against the lovely embossed piece.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Sooo pretty! Perfect plaid pattern with the berry and the flower looks shiny and pretty! Very nice!
hugs, Wendy

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! I LOVE that tag-- esp. that raffia you've used! FUN!

And that card--- LOVE the colors and the design! I LOVE LOVE LOVE x10000 that you used some scraps or leftovers for this card-- GORGEOUS:) FAB!!

Jocelyn Olson said...

I love how they're both CAS but look so different. The tag is adorable--love the berries and your coloring (awesome!). The card is very elegant. The flowers look gorgeous!

Lisa Arana said...

that tag is supah cute and love the soft and pretty card. great takes on the challenge.