Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Crafty Creations Challenges #171

Wow, it seems like forever since I've posted anything! That seems to be what happens as soon as summer-like weather hits -- I spend a lot more time outside, and a lot less time with ink and cardstock. But it's Wednesday, and that means it's time for another Crafty Creations challenge. This week, the requirements are to use pastel colours, pearls and lace. For some reason, the challenge utterly froze me for the longest time! I could deal with two out of three, but getting the third element in there kept defeating me. Here is what resulted at last:



The pastel requirement is looked after by the blushing bride cardstock I picked up as part of Stampin' Up's retiring product sale, and by the nicely matching pixie dust chalk ink. The pearls are covered by the string of tiny ones, while the lace is represented by both a lacy punch and the real thing. (Strung with some baker's twine, just because.) Not my favourite card ever, but hope it provides a little inspiration for you to join the challenge!


Supplies: white & Stampin' Up blushing bride cardstock, Unity/Webster's Pages The Little Things stamp, VersaMagic pixie dust ink, Spellbinders oval and scalloped oval dies, Martha Stewart border punch, Recollections pearls, Twinery blossom pink twine, lace scrap Pin It Now!

11 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

That seems to be what I find - when there's x required elements, I can manage x-1. Colour challenges especially. I like your finished project - lovely sponging detail & the baker's twine through the lace is a fun touch!

Donelda said...

beautiful!!! love the stacked cups!

Anonymous said...

That stacked cup stamp is a sweet stamp. Your lace and pearls as well as the image all combine to make a pretty vintage style card.

We had wonderful weather over the weekend and I filled my planter pots with annuals. Getting through the jungle of weeds to find my perennials however is another matter altogether!

About my video, sadly there is no lego involved, I wish I had thought of it; I could have had a little lego man do a cameo appearance. My video does however involved a lot of sponging!
Heather

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER pretty! LOVE the twine in the lace--nice little touch:) Beautiful shading around your scalloped piece too!

Glenda J said...

That challenge would definitely stump me! Have a hard time with pastels and lace. You did really well though! This is fabulous. Great work.

Anita Rex said...

I really like how you used a string of pearls!

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, that's a lot of pink but it's so pretty! I love that stack of ornate tea cups.

Kary said...

Hi Lindsey! Love the stacked teacups and the pretty pinks. The punched border, the lace and pearls add elegance to the card. So pretty!!

kasia c. said...

Lindsey this is so pretty! You certainly worked those elements in perfectly!!
I love how you put that twine in with the lace. :)

Jen W. said...

Lace and pearls would completely shut me down. Glad you managed to unfreeze and you even got the lace in there twice in the end! :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

Yeah, that's a toughie to get all three! I love those pink teacups and how the border punch looks with the lace. That was so clever to string the pearls with baker's twine...I would have never thought of that!