Thursday, June 30, 2011

New Baby Card

Just because I have former elementary school students that are now married and having babies does not in any way suggest I am old. No way. That being said... a former student of mine that has remained in touch over the years recently added a baby girl to her family.




The last card I sent her was a Mickey card, and she wrote me back to say her young son carried the card around the house with him all day. So my first inclination was of course to use Mickey again, but I decided Minnie was maybe more appropriate for a baby girl. Besides, I love her TA-DA! posture, and decided it was appropriately congratulatory. The sentiment, at least, is in Mickey font. (What can I say? I've always been a Mickey girl.) 


Supplies: white & pink cardstock, Disney (EK Success) Mickey stamps, Brilliance graphite black ink, clear embossing powder, Prismacolour pencils, Stampin' Up scallop border punch Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

This card is really fun, Lindsey!! Yep, the way Minnie stands there is just perfect!! I'm sure this card will also be carrried around the house, hi hi, it's great!!!
Hugs, Wendy

Janna Werner said...

Lol Lindsey, women never get old, men do :D I think if I would receive such a card I would also carry it around the whole day as I love Disney :-) Have a lovely day! Janna

Meg said...

What a happy card! I love both Mickey and Minnie, but you're right, this pose is perfect! Off to go download the Mickey font-thanks for the link.

Angela said...

Happy card, happy font -- so fun! I bet big brother might steal this one, too -- now he'll have a pair!

Anonymous said...

Haha, too cute!!!

lisa a.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is adorable and so perfect for a new baby girl. I love the hot pink mat! Even so, I think the boy will be carrying around this one, too. ;)

Karin said...

This is just delightful and perfect for a new baby girl :) Love the pink scallops and I know that it will be well loved, just like the last!

Donelda said...

You are so thoughtful! what a great idea to use Minnie this time and she is perfect for welcoming a new baby!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Hee hee! That is so sweet of you to make this card for your former student. I'm more of a Mickey girl, too...actually more of a Pluto :)