Saturday, June 16, 2018

Quotes from the Snarky Sisters


It's another snarky Saturday! Our latest challenge is "Q is for Quote". Use a favourite quote on your card or other project. I went with a classic: 


As you can see, my main snakiness is in the quote itself, which I hope the Bard appreciates. I used two shades of distress ink to sponge the background through my heart stencil, and some fun metallic purple embossing powder to emboss the quote and hearts. To add a little extra interest, I added some iridescent medium to the inside of the hearts and topped it with some Glossy Accents. I also lightly sponged around the edge of the main panel to help set it off against the white card base. 


The Snarky Sisters are all quotable, of course, although perhaps not always in public :P, so be sure to check their creations on the Snarky blog, as well as that of this week's queen, Pirjo! Ink up (or print out) your favourite quote and come play along! 

Supplies: white cardstock, The Ink Road Call Me Maybe stamps, Versamark & spun sugar & picked raspberry distress inks, metallic purple embossing powder, ARTplorations Hearts All Over stencil, Winnie & Walter Katharine cutaway die, Winsor & Newton iridescent medium, Glossy Accents, fun foam

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Toni said...

Like I said earlier, he is rolling over in his grave lol

Dotty Jo said...

This is brilliant! One of his lesser known quotes? Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

I didn't realize it was quoted by Shakespeare, what you learn on these blogs. Great card, fab. sponging.

Jane Willis said...

Aaaaargh, that quote! One of my pet hates is people who use that in a non-ironic way. Which of course Shakespeare would never have done.

Thank goodness he also said "You shouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet."

Donna said...

I totes think that Shakespeare would have said totes!!
LMAO
I totes say totes a LOT, mostly to totes tick people off, like totes!
Fab job sistah
~x~o~x~

Majo said...

This is my genius sistah ♥ Love that quote from you!

Lisa D said...

Love the extra sparkle!