Saturday, June 16, 2018

Colouring Challenge, Day 16


Day 16! Onto the second half of June :o and Kathy Racoosin's The Daily Marker 30 Day colouring challenge. Today we are playing with some fun images and sentiments from Technique Tuesday, courtesy of Emily. When I looked at the assortment she had sent, I saw two card ideas right away! 


Both cards are clean and simple, but I think kind of fun. I made the birthday card first. 



I left my chicken largely white, as I'm a fan of our very own Canadian chicken breed, the Chantecler. I realize they are not really this colourful in real life, but it's art, right? And there had to be a little wow factor if I was really asking this bird to strut her stuff. ;) I realize there could easily be more embellishments, but I was happy with using a dab of Nuvo drops to enhance her beady little eye. 
My second card has a nice little life cycle progression on it. 


In my brain at least, this little egg-in-nest cycling to baby chick makes perfect sense with the sentiment. I may be alone in that. :P I don't know just which Stampin' Up orange colour this is from over the years, but the fact that I could match it with patterned paper AND enamel dots seemed almost too good to be true. A few more scraps of old patterned paper used, several gazillion to go. :D 

Supplies: (strut your stuff) white cardstock, Authentique Be9you)tiful patterned paper, Technique Tuesday Chicken Family & Cheeky Chicken stamps & dies, Memento tuxedo black ink, Copic markers, Technique Tuesday Jam Jar & MFT blueprints 24 stitched rectangle dies, Nuvo ebony black gloss crystal drops, foam tape; (crack me up) white & (?) orange Stampin' Up cardstock, Authentique Be(you)tiful patterned paper, Technique Tuesday Chicken Family & Cheeky Chicken stamps & dies, Memento tuxedo black ink, Copic markers, Technique Tuesday jam jar & Lil' Inkers rectangle stitched background dies, Pinkfresh Studio December Days enamel dots, Stampin' Up ticket corner punch, foam tape

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love, love, love these! Clucking awesome cards, Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome cards my little chickie. love your chicken colours an the second one just might be tangerine tango, I have some too. you are half way to the 30 day challenge wtg.

SusanME said...

LOVE your coloring on that chicken! Wonderful CAS card!