Friday, June 15, 2018

Colouring Challenge, Day 15


Day 15 marks the end of the first half of Kathy Racoosin's The Daily Marker 30 Day colouring challenge. Other than one day where I coloured, made a card, blogged, but didn't actually press "publish", I've been more or less keeping up. Yay me! :P Today Tracey has provided us with cute images from Jillibean Soup. 


A long time ago, when I was small, I had a Little Big Book™ with Popeye on the cover, underwater, doing battle with a fierce, giant octopus. Minus the fierceness, I do believe this is where the inspiration for my card came from. :D I was going to sponge an underwater background, but then I thought some shimmery blue watercolour powder would be fun! My octopus and sea star are coloured with a combination of Copics and Spectrum Noir markers. One of the challenges of sharing images among a group of friends is that, if you want to use one of the sentiments from the set, you have to find a way to "add" it, it can't just be stamped on the cardbase. (Unless the friend has stamped a sentiment on a full panel for you already.) So for my sentiment, I decided it would be fun to cut it out with a curvy border die for a little wave action. 
My porthole frames my octopus, so I'm entering this in the current Wednesday "Frame It" challenge at Simon Says Stamp. 



Supplies: white & grey cardstock, Jillibean Soup Octopus stamps & dies, Versafine onyx black & Memento tuxedo black inks, Copic & Spectrum Noir markers, MFT Scenic Safari & Spellbinders circle dies, Cosmo Cricket pool Pixie Paint, Clear Snap sea kiss Smooch Spritz, Mary/Uchida corner-rounding punch

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the Octopus and brilliant sentiment.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby