Friday, June 8, 2018

Colouring and Cats (Day 8)


One of the fun aspects of being part of a group for Kathy Racoosin's The Daily Marker 30 Day Colouring Challenge is getting to use other people's stamped images. And with today's selection from Ardyth, I now have a new favourite mondo flower from Ellen Hutson!


That's right, mondo hydrangea, you are currently in second place behind this mondo sakura! I really enjoyed watercolouring this bigger-than-life cherry blossom cluster with distress inks. After trying a few different ideas for a background panel, another piece of watercolour cardstock ink-smooshed with the same green as I used for the leaves and stems looked best to my eye. And a grey card base may seem a bit counterintuitive, but it did the best at helping the blossoms to really pop. 
Oh, the cat in my post title? That would be Duncan, of course. He's too young to be much of a lap cat... unless I'm sitting at the dining room table making a card. Then he quite often likes to sit or even lie on my lap. Once he'd checked out whether any of the paint brushes or ink pads were toys, he curled up and dozed the entire time I coloured the flowers. 
Not having any of the sentiments that come with the mondo sakura, I thought this die cut hello sentiment tucked nicely into the curve of the branch. Both the flowers and the sentiment are adhered with glue dots for just that little hint of dimension.  

Supplies: MFT soft stone cardstock, Ranger watercolour paper, Essentials by Ellen Mondo Sakura & Altenew Halftone Hello stamps & dies, Versamark, Versafine onyx black & spun sugar, iced raspberry & mowed lawn distress inks, Hero Arts white embossing powder, MFT wonky stitched rectangle die

SaveSave Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautifully coloured Lindsey! Your cherry blossoms the perfect colour. I went all random on it--lol!