Sunday, December 14, 2014

Twelve Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist


I spent much of November looking forward to Ellen Hutson's 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist. Of course, the challenge started at the same time December did, and most crafting plans seemed to go out the window. :D But I am determined to get at least a few tags done from the beautiful inspiration projects showcased. I'm starting with Day 1, and Julie Ebersole's beautiful tag. I was inspired by her gradient watercolour stripes and heat embossing. Here's my take:



I went from intense to light on my tag, and it had nothing whatsoever to do with not paying enough attention when I cut the first corner off my rectangle. :D 
I liked the tag so much, I made another and turned it into an element on a card: 



I layered the tag on some coordinating patterned paper, added a panel of a different paper, and called it done. ;)
I hope to get a few more tags done before the challenge closes... we'll see how much life and Christmas get in the way. 

Supplies: (tag) Strathmore mixed media paper, Papertrey Ink Think Big Favourites #8 stamp, Versamark and salty ocean distress inks, Ranger superfine silver embossing powder, Paper Smooches snowflakes die, silver elastic string,  hole puncher, rhinestone; (card)  Stampin' Up naturals white cardstock, Strathmore watercolour paper, Little Yellow Bicycle & My Mind's Eye Vintage Christmas patterned papers, PTI Think Big Favourites #8 stamp, Versamark & mowed lawn distress inks, pirate gold embossing powder, PTI tag sale #4, Creative Memories corner-rounding punch, pop-dot tape


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

These are stunning! I have got to play with some watercolours now :) I especially love the green!

Heather said...

Love the tags and especially the colors. I can't seem to do this...mine don't seem to blend as nicely as yours do/did. Might have to try it again ~ practice makes perfect.