Sunday, October 16, 2011

Keep Calm and...

It's everywhere, isn't it? The British World War Two slogan, "Keep Calm and Carry On", has enjoyed a renaissance in the past few years, first in its original form and then in infinite variations. But when I saw THIS stamp, I knew it was the riff on the classic for me: 



I first learned of Market Street Stamps when my blogging friend Meg was named to the company's design team. Not only is Meg uber-talented, she's also very generous, and sent me this stamp recently after I admired it. (And included a bunch of other goodies, as well!) When it came time to use it, I was very impressed at how cleanly and evenly it stamped, especially for such a solid image. I wanted it to be the one focal point of the card, so I kept everything else simple. I did take a close-up photo to show off the Stickle salt rim on the glass and the quilting I scored on the background panel:




You can also see the clear glitter embossing powder I used. I've had it forever, and love its perfect mix of very fine glitter and clear embossing goodness.
This card is destined for a friend who will be celebrating a birthday that ends in zero. With that in mind, the inside reads, "After all, it's only another birthday." I think she'll see the humour in it. 
I'm adding this card to Market Street Stamps current first anniversary challenge to link up any MSS creation. I'm also going to add this to the latest Less Is More challenge: Cocktail. (Best. Challenge. Idea. Ever.) In the meantime, keep calm and... whatever! :P 
P.S. Not that any further proof of her genius is needed, but check out this awesome card Meg tucked in with the stamping goodies she sent me! 




P.P.S. Hey! This is my 100th post! Who would have thunk??? 


Supplies: white, black & Stampin' Up real red cardstock, Market Street Stamps Sip On stamp, Colorbox cranberry ink, clear glitter embossing powder, Icicle Stickles, Martha Stewart scoring board, dimensionals

Pin It Now!

27 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

What a great card and RAK!!!

Meg said...

GASP!! Love the red sparkly awesomeness of your card! I just can't get over how fabulous that glittered embossing looks. And the salt rim! And the embossed score lines! I'm so glad you put that stamp to such great use!

Glad you liked your completely random card, too! :)

Meg said...

ps-Happy 100th post!

Hannelie said...

Hi there! i love your card!
Hannelie

Chrissie said...

Simply Fab... no white space but who needs it with such a superb Clean and Simple design... I love it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

A splendid card - your pal will love it

Kathyk

Beryl K said...

Great card, I love it
Beryl x

Wendy ten Hove said...

Looove your card, Lindsey! Gorgeous in the stunning red and white!! And love the text! Great for a friend having difficult times!
Hugs, Wendy

Jen W. said...

That glitter embossing powder is fabulous but the Stickles salt rim is the piece de resistance! :) Brilliant!

Jenni's Jems said...

Great card and sentiment and love the sparkle! x

Viv said...

What a great card, love the slogan :O) Viv xx

Stephanie Washburn said...

Happy 100th, Lindsey! I LOVE this stamp, too- so much fun and stamps so easily! Your card is so beautifully clean and elegant- absolutely LOVE it!

Linby said...

I love it - especially the glittery look.
Linbyx

Mandi said...

Superb card!
Sip is good, guzzle is even better ha ha
Thank you
Mandi LIM

GinaA said...

brill stamp, very glitzy

Angela said...

Happy century :)
Love, love, love the glittery redness of your sippy-cup card! The rim just kills me, as does the quilting. Way to stamp!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely delish! Love that bold red :) Thanks for linking up to the Market Street Stamps special block party!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Hey, happy 100th post! I LOVE this card!!! It's so awesomely graphic! The glitter/salt on the edge of the margarita (since that's what I'm envisioning) it super creative. You're on a roll, Lindsey!!

Michele Gross said...

Awesome!! Love the sparkle on that glass! Glad you came to the Market Street Block Party!

Karin said...

Congrats the 100 mark :) I totally saw this over at the Less is More and clicked on the Linky pic and it was YOU! This is an awesome stamp made better by your bling!

Donelda said...

heheehe - love your cocktail card ... it is true, that is a great challenge idea!! and yeah for 100 posts!!

Jenny said...

Love this Lindsey, such a great play on the old posters :)
Jenny x

Emily Leiphart said...

Um, hello! I love all the red in this post. Your embossed red card is fabulous and I love the scored/quilted background. I'm super envious of the phone Meg sent you! :P

Kathryn said...

Love the card fab idea
happy 100th blogday ha ha

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh this is great, and what a fun card to get in the mail! 100th post, congrats!

Sarah said...

the perfect stamp indeed - great fun! Love that red too.

Anonymous said...

beautiful stamp and beautiful card! i love how you added the sparkle!