Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy 2011! I made a couple of different things to help see in the New Year.


I thought these two little fish from Fish Wishes were perfect for a New Year's card. I added the celebrate bubbles from the same set, as well as the little flourishes from Tis the Season to Be Pretty. I love the undersea look of the Dolphin Paisley light blue iPaper with its marine colours and swirling dolphins. And I just happened to have a light blue cardstock that matched perfectly! The little party hats are pieced from gold and silver ribbon (and are much shinier in real life). Finally, I added lots of sparkle with glitter and stickers.


As soon as we set our New Year's Eve table in black and red, I knew I wanted to use Spin Pin: Holiday-Black Tie: Tiny for the dinner menu. It looks so elegant and festive! A perfect way to usher in the New Year.

Supplies: (card) white & blue cardstock, dolphin paisley iPaper, Fish Wishes & Tis the Season stamps, silver & gold ribbon, SU dazzling diamonds glitter, Studio G gold glitter glue, Stampendous silver & gold Dot Sparklers, SU scallop edge punch, dimensionals; (menu) Spin Pin: Holiday-Black Tie: Tiny iPaper Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Karin said...

How I love those celebrating fish! Too cute and oh how PERFECT for new years!

Cheryl First said...

I love these, Lindsey! I think I am addicted to the iPaper! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

WOW, Lindsey, first of all, I LOVE how you used the iPaper for that menu! That sure is one fancy meal. ;) Secondly, your card is super. I love the layout and the bling. Cute, cute, cute!

Pam said...

Next year...your house. I'll bring the paper. :D

Angela said...

Wanna come to MI and make me dinner? Yum. Plus, the menu is yum, too!
Love your celebratory fishies -- they're cute AND sparkly -- two of my favorite things!

Meg said...

Oh, those fishes are just adorable in their little party hats!

I love your festive menus, too; just wish I could try a sample of what's listed!

Amber Alvarez said...

OOps, I thought I said this to YOU but I guess I just said it to everyone else. You are brilliant. That menu is marvolous.

Alyssa S said...

Such fun creations!! Looks like you go all out for New Year's...I'm coming to your house next year! lol

wendyp said...

That menu is gorgeous!! Love how you used the ipapers for it!