Saturday, March 17, 2018

St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day! 



I make, at the most, one St. Patrick's Day card a year... that's if it works out that we have dinner with friends as we often do. So here is this year's goofy edition: 


You'll find the punchline at the end of the post...

I pinned this card last year after Emily entered it into a Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge, because I loved the sentiment! Instead of turning a crazy bird into a chicken, I used this bird from my oldest Paper Smooches set, mostly as it was a good size match to the shamrock. The hat comes from another PS set. I used Twinkling H2Os and plastic wrap to make my marbled green squares. I printed the beginning of the riddle on some patterned paper for a little extra interest. 
I'm entering this in Shopping Our Stash's current Put a Bird On It challenge. 
Watch out for that green beer today! 

*...and the answer is: The CLUCK of the Irish!



Supplies: white cardstock, Strathmore watercolour paper, Authentique Be(you)tiful patterned paper, Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies, A Magical Spring & Lawn Fawn My Lucky Charm stamps, Versafine onyx black ink, Copic markers, Zig watercolour markers, Twinkling H2Os, MFT square stitched & blueprints 24 dies, foam tape

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Ahhh, that gif is adorable! What a fun St. Patty's day card. I love how you transformed that bird!

Dotty Jo said...

Fun card, love the punchline! Love the little kitty GIF too, Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute St. Patrick's day card, great use of that "chicken" Thanks for the super cute kitty, made me smile this morning too. WTG entering this card in Shopping Our stash "put a bird on it" fabby job.

Chris Dring said...

I hope the cluck of the Irish was with you yesterday! Such a fun, punny card! Love it!
And thank you for linking it up at our Bird challenge at Shopping Our Stash!

Mimi said...

Haha! That's a funny joke, and terrific card! Great job turning the birdy into a chicken! Thank you for sharing this at Shopping Our Stash this week!

Lisa Arana said...

Oh how cute and funny!

Donna said...

Cluck of the Irish....muah ha ha ha ha ha
That's a gooden!!
Here's another (that my amazon echo dot told me)
Why did the baby chick cross the road???
To meet up with his peeps
PFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Happy green beer day and thanks for putting a bird on it (in the nicest possible way) with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!