Thursday, March 1, 2018

Birthday Anything Goes!


It's ANYTHING GOES time at Seize the Birthday! That's right, make any birthday card you please, and link it up with us. 
With no parameters to follow, I thought about what stamps haven't seen ink lately, and decided to break out the Tim Holtz blueprints. Love the style of them; rarely seem to use them. 


This stamp is from a STAMPtember collaboration with Simon Says Stamp, and includes the sentiment. I almost always seem to end up masking it off, but decided to use the entire stamp this time. I stamped first on white cardstock, coloured the gift with Copics, glittered up the ribbon thanks to a Versamarker and sparkle embossing powder, and then cut it out. Next stamping was onto the patterned paper; thanks to my MISTI, I could double-stamp the sentiment, this time using Versafine so I could emboss just the sentiment. Then to decide where to go next! The current sketch from The Paper Players helped a lot with that. While my mat and card base are looking black in the photo, it's actually a dark grey for a slightly softer but classy look. Also hard to see in the photograph: the scoring across the middle of the mauve mat and the grey card base. A close-up shows it off a bit better: 



I'm adding this card to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Anything Goes challenge. 
I'm sure your card stash could use an extra birthday card or two, so why not join us?



SaveSave
Supplies: white, mauve & Papertrey Ink Smoky Slate cardstock, Glitz Design Finnley patterned paper, Tim Holtz/Stamplorations/Simon Says Stamp Stamptember stamp, Versafine onyx black & MFT black licorice ink, Ranger clear & Hero Arts clear sparkle embossing powders, Copic markers, Versamarker, foam tape

Pin It Now!

15 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely your rich colour combo, Lindsey - great card, Jo x

ElizStewart said...

Lindsey...love your present! especially set on that lovely patterned paper! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

Claire Broadwater said...

Lindsey, this is SOOO fun! I love that purple and that fun sparkley bow! A perfect card for many occasions! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very fun card -- great use of the sketch

Barbara Godden said...

Love that big present!! beautifully done too. I think the sentiment is perfect (I'm not good with masking)

Jan Clothier said...

Your purple, sparkly gift is very dramatic and eye-catching. I like the subtle horizontal scoring you've added in. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

TaeEun said...

So glad you added the close-up picture! The gray base and mauve mat make an elegant combination! Love the score lines and of course the glittery blue ribbon!

stampwithsandy said...

Hi Lindsey! I love this blueprint set. It looks great in the colors you've chosen, and the glittery ribbon is fabulous. So happy to see your card in the gallery at The Paper Players!

Colleen said...

Fabulous card Lindsey, I have not seen that stamp before, so glad you inked it up!

Barbara said...

Regal color to use for this great birthday card. Lots of sparkle to boot. Love that you stamped it again.

Nancy said...

That glittery ribbon steals the show! Love your card as always! HUGS!

Jo Nevill said...

Fabulous and sparkly !
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Anonymous said...

Argh, those subtle things are always so difficult to display in photos, and always make me wish I could show off the real card instead!! But, still, I am glad that the non-subtle parts of your card are just as wonderful! Great colors and a great image to show off with them! :)
hugs, Ashwini

KimCreate said...

Very cute card! I don't own any of these TH blueprint stamps but I really like them!

Glenda J said...

Love this! The colours are terrific and I love the sparkly bow.