Wednesday, November 22, 2017

25 Days of Christmas Tags: Day 22


It's Day 22 of Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags — have you been keeping up? 😉 Today's sponsor and guest is STAMPlorations


When I was deciding what to make for today, I realized I hadn't been using up any bits of patterned paper with my tags lately! So I pulled out a die and got to work. 



Other than a bit fiddly when inlaying the die cuts, these were reasonably quick and easy to make. Of course I couldn't let the offcuts go to waste, so now I have a set of four. I wasn't able to keep track of all the teeny bits of patterned paper, so I used some green cardstock to back the sentiment on the plaid tag, and red for the tiny spots on the polka dot tag. (I at least found the oval for the centre of the 'o'.)
Did I stop there? Of course not. 


My original idea using this die was to make a white on white scene, as I've seen a number of designers do with great success during Tracey's tagstravaganza. Oops. 😂 Turned into a night scene with a black silhouette. Strange how these things happen. Another time.
There is so much inspiration from the STAMPlorations designers today! Be sure to check out Tracey's page, leave some comments, and maybe even grab a few ideas for tags of your own! 

Supplies: (be jolly) Neenah linen cardstock, Echo Park Holly Jolly Holidays patterned paper, CUTplorations Be Jolly phrase & Manila Tags nesting dies, Stampin' Up whisper white & scrap ribbon, red crochet cotton; (merry little Christmas) white & black cardstock, yellow vellum, STAMPlorations Christmas Reindeer stamps, Versamark, milled lavender, blueprint sketch & chipped sapphire inks, Hero Arts white embossing powder, CUTplorations Stitched Winter Landscape & ATC Tag Builder dies, Wink of Stella clear glitter marker, Stampin' Up very vanilla & Offray blue ribbon 

Pin It Now!

17 comments:

Isabel Z said...

I love what you created!!!

Barbara Godden said...

Nothing like getting side-tracked teehee but your night sky/silhouette is beautiful. and love the plaid on your first tag great use of the negative piece.

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Gorgeous tags!!! Love your choice of papers!!!

Sandy said...

Love the night scene. And what can beat getting two tags by usng the negative pieces?

Kristie Goulet said...

Lovely tags! Plaid is rockin' this year!!!

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh my goodness, Lindsey...I don't know where you found all this fantastic creativity, but I'm SO super grateful for all the amazing art you've shared through your wonderful tags in this special event. The 25 Days of Christmas Tags have been SO inspiring for me, and I want to thank YOU for all the sweet tags you've created and shared. I appreciate your efforts SO much.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Chris Dring said...

Wow! These are all fabulous tags! Great way to make more than just one tag (like I would do.) LOL!

Iris said...

Great tags - love the night scene.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Sweet tags Lindsay. Love the polka dot paper on the first 2 tags! The blue sponged background is so pretty with the silhouette image on the third! Love, love, love them!

Sue D said...

I like your jolly tags and your beautiful silhouette scene.

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the last tag with the winter scene.
The other tags are great too.
thanks for sharing.

Teresa Doyle said...

These are all fantastic and I esp. like the inlaid jolly tags. Super cute.

Danielle Vincent said...

Fantastic way to use the reverse(negative) die on your tag. Very fun and festive. Oh I love the blue sky tag - swoon!

Nancy R. said...

You've given us some great ideas. Love using the die cuts to create multiples tags, and your little night scene is adorable.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That's a great set of tags !
margessw@icloud.com

Unknown said...

I like the last tag. I will use it as inspiration

Sue W. said...

Great tags! I like how you used both the positive and negative pieces from you die cut sentiment. Also really like the black border village against the night sky. ❤️