Sunday, August 20, 2017

Double the Fun with Penguins

Two cards for two challenges, both with penguins! First up, my final card inspired by Cornelia for Muse: ChristmasVisions:


I just had the lower right card left...


I was inspired by the penguins, obviously, but also by that cool geodesic background image. The closest I could get to that was this geometric tree. I sponged an Antarctic sky then added the tree, some presents, a sentiment and my penguin pair. 
Next, I have a card inspired by the latest Muse challenge, where my friend Tracey has the inspiration card this week: 


I needed a teenaged boy birthday card, and was at a bit of a loss till I saw Tracey's card. Inspired by the clean design, a fun animal, the sponged background, and the sentiment banner, I ended up with this: 


Coincidentally, the penguin belongs to Muse CEO Ardyth, and I stamped it at a crafty get-together last year. (I need this set, but for now, I just borrow...) I decided to add a sandy base to the sponged background. Like Tracey, I added a white on black sentiment to complete the card. 
I may not be done with being inspired by the quartet of cards that Cornelia made, but at least I achieved my goal of getting all four done! 



Supplies: (happy holidays) white & blue metallic DCWV cardstock, Memory Box grey card base, Lawn Fawn Toboggan Together & Winter Penguin stamps & dies,Versamark, MFT black licorice & spun sugar, milled lavender, tumbled glass & mermaid lagoon distress inks, Hero Arts white embossing powder, Copic & Spectrum Noir markers, Essentials by Ellen Geo Tree dies, Wink of Stella clear glitter marker, foam tape; (happy birthday) white, black & blue cardstock, Strathmore mixed media paper, MFT Penguins in Paradise & Neat & Tangled Gifts for You stamps, Versamark, MFT black licorice & antique linen & tumbled glass distress inks, Wow white embossing powder, Copic & Spectrum Noir markers, Winnie & Walter Katharine cutaway dies, foam tape

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

foleysfriend said...

Great interpretation of Tracey's Muse card and to create a card with a specific use in mind - totally awesome! Love the little penguin with its floaty tube - I thought that penguins could swim!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lindsey I love both of your cards, MCV so cute with those penguins and the die cut tree and the penguin with his life preserver is so perfectly CAS--love. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Muse this week!

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute penguin cards, your CAS style is awesome, That penguin is adorable.

Ardyth said...

Well done! 4 complete - love the idea to use that geo-tree! And a sweet take on the Muse. As CEO, I congratulate and thank you for joining us! lol!

Marianne said...

Sweet cards, especially your MCV card. Love your geo tree, mimicking the pattern of Cornelia's circle.