Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Christmas Card No. 2!

Once I start making Christmas cards, I can find it hard to stop. :P So I went back to this month's Muse: ChristmasVisions for more inspiration. 


This time I'm using Cornelia's upper-left card as my inspiration. The easy part of the inspiration.. I have a very similar sentiment! And while my initial thought was to also go with cookie-themed images, I just didn't seem to have anything that worked for me. So thematically, my images went in an entirely different direction: 


This bear seemed to have just the right "huh, how did THAT happen" look on his face to go with the sentiment. Please ignore my very rudimentary Copic colouring, I'm new to these markers, and have few colours and little skill. :D What I did have was patterned paper that matched his sweater to complete this clean and simple card. 
I'm also entering this into the current CAS Mix Up challenge, since I've used alcohol markers, stamping, patterned paper, glitter markers and Stickles. 


Supplies: white cardstock, Doodlebug Frosty Friends patterned paper, MFT Cool Day & Riley & Co. Funnybones stamps, MFT black licorice & Stampin' Up real red inks, Copic markers, frosted lace Stickles, clear & black Wink of Stella markers, fun foam

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is great! I have the digital version of this stamp and always enjoy seeing it, Jo x

Bonnie said...

Oh, Lindsey, thanks for making me laugh out loud! I LOVE THIS! That sentiment is SO TRUE! Your Copic coloring looks great to me! I think you've got the hang of it! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... that sentiment is PRICELESS!! I laughed out loud when I read it. So funny! And great paired with the sweet bear image. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

nancy littrell said...

Loved your hmmm, a bit over weight polar bear all bundled up in his beautifully colored sweater and the fun strip of DSP you added to your CAS card design. But your sentiment was really the star of your fun card design:-) TFS Lindsey and playing along with us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs

Barbara Godden said...

Perfect image and perfect sentiment, Super cute card!!!

Ardyth said...

Haha! Perfectly accurate sentiment and the amazed look on his face is perfect! Half way there.....

Rosmarie said...

A super sweet card! Love this nice guy and the colors you used!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is such a hilarious sentiment - and perfectly paired with the chubby bear! Thanks so much for playing along with me at MCV, Lindsey!

BrendaB said...

LOL! That is too cute!