Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Love is in the Air at Naughty or Nice!


Welcome to February, or as I think of it, the longest shortest month of the year. Can you tell I'm not a winter person? Fortunately, Naughty or Nice Challenges has a new challenge to bring cheer and warmth... 


Using the colour palette is optional, but I decided to go for it. Challenges with that many colours often make my brain hurt, but I decided that shading and blending could allow me to say that all the colours were there, at least in some small way or another! So with inks and pencils, here it is: 


To accommodate the pinks, I decided to use this hearts stencil, even though I had not yet decided what to do beyond that. I had a circle mask cut out of a sticky note that just happened to be handy, so I popped that on before inking in a variety of pinks. Next I thought, cats are good and could be coloured in the shades that are left, and went with this cute Siamese. I even added tiny bits of extra colour, green for her eyes and grey to ground her. My perfect pearls ran together more than I would have liked but still make for a luxe collar. 
Nice, naughty, with or without the optional colours — come and play along with us this month! 

Supplies: white, black & Hero Arts sunshine mix cardstock, Paper Smooches Party Posse stamps, Versafine onyx black & spun sugar, picked raspberry & worn lipstick distress inks, Ranger clear embossing powder, STAMPlorations Hearts All Over stencil, Prismacolor pencils, white opal Perfect Pearls

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Chris Dring said...

This is absolutely adorable! Love the cute Siamese kitty, and your stenciled hearts are blended perfectly!

Lynne in NI said...

Aww what a cutie, I'm lovin your gorgeous stenciled hearts :)