Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop! (Part 1)


It may not be quite spring yet (that's what the snow falling outside my window is suggesting here, at least) but it is time for the Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop! The hop started last Friday... and that was still February, when I was doing my best to pretend to be hibernating. But now it's March! So I have not one but FOUR cards to share! Of course I had to be contrary and make three of them tea-themed. Luckily coffee, tea and cocoa projects are all accepted. 


Nothing overtly spring-like here, but I think the bright colours and little hearts hint how happy I will be when spring finally arrives. ;) I photographed this on an angle to best show off the glittery steam -- Versamark and glitter embossing powder. The teapot is rock 'n' rolled in two shades of red to give it a little depth and definition. I used Leslie's Crooked Stamper Sketch #2 for my layout -- I hope Leslie doesn't mind I went mirror-image with it. And then there's the last day for Simon Says Stamp and its Anything Goes Wednesday challenge.  
And that's card number 1! I'll be back soon with another one. 



Supplies: white & Stampin' Up real red cardstock, Lawn Fawn My Cup of Tea, Simon Says Stamp To Thine Own Shelf & Unity Mixup of Cuteness stamps, Stempin' Up real red, Memento grey flannel & rhubarb stalk, Colorbox frost white & Versamark inks, clear glitter & Wow white embossing powders, Heidi Swapp polka dot stencil, Dreamweavers glossy white embossing paste, Spellbinders circle dies, Wink of Stella clear glitter marker, pop-dot squares

Pin It Now!

36 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

OH this cracked me up! What a GREAT sentiment for that image. So snarky and smart. Awesome design!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is so adorable! I love the cute sentiment! The glittery steam looks amazing! You have some cute stamps!

Melissa Bove said...

Super fun and pretty card! Love the teapot and sweet sentiment!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Kim Heggins said...

So sweet...love all that red!

Ann said...

Love the polka dots, and the sentiment is so cute.

Leslie Hanna said...

I love that you've flipped the sketch! I encourage it! :) Very cute stamps. Thanks for playing in my sketch challenge!

VanessaB said...

Heehee. So cute :-)

Anonymous said...

So cute with the polka dot background and little heart elements.

KellyJean said...

Perfect sentiment for a "red" card :)

Brandi R said...

LOVE the red! Beautiful card ♥

Kara Lynne said...

Very fun card! I love the red with white polka dots, so cute!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so super cute and I love the polka dots.

anja curvers said...

Such a great card love the red and the sentiment. TFS.

nancy carroll said...

Wonderful, LOVE the bright red, and such a fun sentiment!

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love the colours, the polka dots and the funny sentiment!

Lori Kobular said...

What a fun card! Love that sentiment with your adorable tea pot!

Sylvia said...

Fun red and white card...is it coffee or tea? Love the card! Happy Wednesday and happy hopping!

~amy~ said...

How sweet...love the polkas!
Thanks for joining in the fun!!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love your polka dot paper. Fun sentiment. TFS

Shelly said...

Oh, this is sooo CUTE!

Happy Dance said...

LOVE those polka dots!! Such a sweet tea card. Nice glittery steam too! Great card. Bev

Heather said...

Whew!!! You've been busy. I love the sentiment. And nice choice of color :-)

Jessica Frost-Ballas said...

Cute! Love the glittery steam!

Monika Reeck said...

Lindsey I love that polkadots Dp and nice glittery steam love the image too and nice color combo
awesome made..
My card is #387 on the HOP and I have a little GIVEAWAY if you maybe like :)
hugs, Monika

Annie said...

What a great sentiment to go with the tea kettle!! LOVE it!! BEautiful work! :)

ivy said...

adorable!

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE! The red is so awesomely cheerful! And that sentiment :)

D- said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet card.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsbyDragonfly {blogspot}

D.Ann C said...

Aww... too sweet... Love the little hearts in the steam!

Linda Callahan said...

Love this in red and white!

Helen F. said...

Oh how sweet! Love the red & white :-)

An'Jenic G. said...

Wow such an awesome card. Love that sentiment.

Jen said...

Lovely card! Love the red.

AJ Bodine said...

Love the polkas and cute sentiment!

Ceal said...

fabulous card, love the red and white and the polkas

Keren Baker said...

So striking- love the red and white and polkas!