Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Love, Hearts... and a DIY flower

Thought I would pop in for a card for three challenges! Simon Says Stamp has a wedding or anniversary challenge starting today, and yesterday's Shopping our Stash (SOS) wants a make-it yourself embellishment. Meanwhile, the current Clear It Out challenge is looking for red. Having seen my snark sister Chris's paper flower on her design team entry for SOS, I was encouraged to enter with a flower of my own. 



What better for an anniversary card than a flower made of hearts? The four hearts are die-cut with the edges curled, and then layered with a small die cut flower and a glittery red brad. I'm not sure die-cutting the small heart and hanging it with twine can fully count as do-it-yourself. For the Clear it Out challenge, my stash items include the patterned papers, the brad, and the small flower and label dies.

Supplies: white & Bazzill textured red cardstock, Echo Park Yours Truly & Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm Lucky You patterned paper, Unity Love stamp, versamark ink, Ranger rich red embossing powder, QuicKutz nesting heart & Spellbinders circle, labels 4, Creative Carnations & Charmed I'm Sure dies, Queen & Co. glitter red brad, peppermint Divine Twine, Creative Memories corner-rounding punch

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute flower, love card, great use of all your stash items. do you feel lighter now? Thanks for playing along with us at Clear it Out Tuesday for the "red" challenge.

Chris Dring said...

Awww! I inspired you? That's the BEST compliment a card maker can receive! MUAH! Now, YOUR homemade heart flower is superb! (And I wish I thought to do something like this!) What an all around gorgeous card Lindsey! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Heather G said...

I wasn't expected such a sentimental, cute card from you. Nice to know you have it in you LOL Very nice...I need to make a 'love-y' card and you inspired me to get working on it.

Jessi Fogan said...

I think the hanging heart counts! I love the font of that love stamp - and this layout! Too cool :)

Laura W said...

I really like the paper you chose for your flower :) Thanks for joining the 'red' challenge at the Clear it out challenge blog. Come back on Tuesday to check out our blog hop!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful, Linds! I love how you used the patterned papers to create a flower of hearts. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Wedding or Anniversary!