Saturday, February 1, 2014

I'm Back!

... and about time. ;) January in Ontario has seemed like an excellent month to hibernate as much as possible. But look! We're flipping to the next page in the calendar, February, the longest shortest month. Sigh. :D 
Anyway... It's February, it's Saturday, and the Drunken Stampers are BACK! We're starting out the new term with an ANYTHING GOES challenge. I haven't created much lately, but I did recently need to make a sympathy card. Not typical Drunken Stamper fare, but it is Anything Goes. 


The plaid panel is the Royal Canadian Air Force tartan... appropriate for the person the card honours. I stamped the blue panel in Versamark with a music background, die cut the flowers, and inset them with a linen cardstock piece. The sentiment is computer-generated and embossed on vellum.
So -- if you tell the Drunken Stampers it's Anything Goes, who knows what we'll come up with! Check out my design team buddies' creations, then join us in the Lounge with your contribution. 
And happy February... I hope! 

Supplies: white, linen & blue cardstock, vellum, patterned paper from clipart, Local King Rubber Stamp notes background, Versamark, Zing clear embossing powder, Simon Says Stamp fresh daisies die cut, Creative Memories corner-rounder punch

Pin It Now!

12 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Love your sympathy card, it's perfect, love the choice of colours and the sketch Beautiful.

Karen Schroeder said...

Beautiful card. I love the idea of adding the tartan plaid to honor the person. I'm sure their family will be very appreciative of the extra thought behind your card.

Donna said...

Ohhhh I love that tartan!
Sympathy cards are always so tough to make, this one is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Lovely colours; I really like that tartan too. The sentiment is very pretty on the vellum; I should try that.

Looks like we are in for some fresh snow!

Heather T

Wendy ten Hove said...

This is really pretty and stylish. Perfect for an occasion like this, to comfort and not be too cheery, but that will also turn a smile on someone's face.
Hugs, Wendy

Chris Dring said...

Sympathy cards are always a bummer to have to make, but yours is beautiful and elegant, Lindsey!

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

This is a simple, but graceful card. I am sorry that you had to make a sympathy card.

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the subtle music background - and the tartan. So cool to honour the person in that way.
And indeed, the longest shortest month. Ugh.

Kary said...

I love the tartan, and the soft music background. It's a beautiful sympathy card, Lindsey! Hope the weather is warmer in Feb where you are. Take care!

Kary said...

I love the tartan, and the soft music background. It's a beautiful sympathy card, Lindsey! Hope the weather is warmer in Feb where you are. Take care!

Heather G said...

I love this. I still have to try the printer/embossing on vellum thing. And I really like the reverse die cut. Very nice card for a sad event.

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful and thoughtful design, Linds. Love the soft music in the background. Sad that you had an occasion to make this for.