Saturday, December 21, 2013

Embossing!


Eek! Less than a week to go before Christmas! Thank goodness the challenge this week at Drunken Stampers is one of the best things about stamping, as far as I'm concerned... EMBOSSING! I still love the magic of watching embossing powder transform, with a little heat, into something amazing. Of course, you're not limited to heat embossing with this challenge: if you prefer to dry emboss, that counts, too. But since I'm all about the heat embossing anyway, how could I not? 


My inspiration comes from an older card by my talented friend Heather. (And now that I look at her blog, she recently posted one with a similar theme.) I started by stamping and embossing a snowflake background stamp on watercolour paper, then used a punch to get my three squares. These were sponged and edged with distress ink. I stamped a variety of other snowflake stamps on the blue patterned paper before adding it to the card base and popping the three squares on. And of course the sentiment is embossed, too. 
Being a Drunken Stamper, I thought I should also share a trio of other embossed projects:


Aren't these fun? I'm ready to provide a host/hostess gift should anyone just happen to invite me over. :D Each image is heat-embossed in some way. The wine tag die is from Avery Elle; if you want to know any of the other details, just ask. (This would be me, succumbing to the Christmas rush and avoiding listing all the supplies separately.) 
Remember to check out the other inspiring projects from my fellow Yellow Canaries! You'll see heat embossing, dry embossing... and maybe both at the same time! Then join our party with your own embossed creation.

Supplies: (card) white cardstock, Canson 140 lb watercolour paper, Echo Park Winter Wishes patterned paper, Local King Rubber Stamp, Hero Arts, Inkadinkado & Stampin' Up stamps, Versamark, Memento Paris Dusk & stormy sky & faded jeans distress inks, Wow white embossing powder, EK Success 1 1/4" square punch, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

11 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous card I love seeing the embossing powder transform, after seeing your card I want to go emboss something. Love, Love the wine bottle tags they are awesome thanks for posting them.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I love it! The colour is beautiful, a muted teal blue. Well done on the gift in reserve too!
Heather

Chris Dring said...

Oooh! A two-for-one post! Your card is beautiful. Love the soft blues and snowflakes. Your wine tags are all fabulous! Love the sentiments on them! LOL! Great job!

Donna said...

Ohhhhhh a two-fer!! Awesome! Great card and tags Lindsey! I love them all!!

Barb King said...

I love the subtle colors of your card, serene and soft. I hardly ever emboss, I feel like I always make a mess!

Jessi Fogan said...

Your card is simply stunning, Lindsey! LOVE the inking on those inchies. Gorgeousness!
And I would totally invite you over :) UNCORK! :) lol!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card!!! I adore the wash of silvery blues, just stunning...and a technical design too. You rocked it girl!

And the tags? uncork is just genius for a wine bottle tag! lol love these!

Merry Christmas my friend! xx

Wendy ten Hove said...

Love the pretty snowflake card! Love the white embossing and the sponged effect, looks icy :)
Hugs, Wendy

Handmade in Israel said...

Your card is so pretty! Hope you had a lovely Christmas.

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous card and such pretty tags, Linds! I really love the inking on the blue card but I love your new photo more! :P

Heather G said...

Love the bottle tags. I wish I could remember these before I need them...but then that would mean that I'd have to plan ahead.