Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Autumn Colours at Crafty Creations Challenges

Wednesday already! Halloween is past, so of course all the stores seem ready for full-on Christmas. But we're taking time at Crafty Creations Challenges this week to celebrate fall, with an Autumn Colours challenge. (Or Colors, whichever you prefer. :D) Our sponsor this week is Beccy's Place, and I have used a pretty sentiment panel that was generously provided to the design team. 


I tend to gravitate more to bright colours than to the muted tones of autumn, but I do like how this turned out. I printed the sentiment panel on natural cardstock, then painted the flower with Twinkling H2Os. The green panel is inked with Versamark and embossed. I found patterned paper that picked up on both the colours of the flower and the background. My corner punch also echoes the pattern of the paper. 
Be sure to check out the rest of the design team's projects, then create your own autumn colours creation! 

Supplies: Stampin' Up naturals ivory & old olive cardstock, Echo Park For the Record patterned paper, Beccy's Place happy birthday image, Hero Arts large plaid pattern stamp, Versamark ink, clear embossing powder, Twinkling H2Os, Fiskar's threading water border & floral corner punches

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

U. Absolutely with the U. I like to confound Google's spell checker. I love the papers you used - and that corner punch!

Cath said...

What a fun card, Lindsey!

I wanted to stop by and thank you for the sweet comment you left on my final Moxie Fab World blog post. I had such an incredibly good time in the Moxie Fab World, and I'm *so glad* to know that you enjoyed it as much as you did! Hugs and loves to you, my moxie fab friend! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful and I keep looking at all the details. I love everything from the corners to the embossed background and stamping on patterned paper. Wow!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! I love the colours and the layers. That plaid stamp rocks and decorative corners are so cool!