Saturday, April 13, 2013

Purrrfect SPARKS

Have you noticed? I've been trying my best to play along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenges as much as possible. This week is a sketch challenge.


As soon as I saw this layout, I wanted to make it into a modified gate-fold card. Which may just mean I'm weird, but whatever. 

Closed...

... aanndd open.
You've got to love the glint of mischief in this cat's eyes, despite his suave-looking chevron-patterned coat. A little trick I picked up from my friend Emily is to leave the tail unadhered -- much more fun that way. 
I wouldn't exactly call this strictly a masculine card, but I am going to give it to my brother for his birthday. He'll appreciate the cat's look of mischief, too. 

Supplies: white, orange & green cardstock, Cosmo Cricket Clementine & Basic Grey Plumeria patterned paper, Paper Smooches Nine Lives stamps, Versafine onyx black, Versamark & Memento new sprout & tangelo inks, clear embossing powder, Spellbinders small circle dies, Queen & Co. paw print trendy tape, dimensionals

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Glenda J said...

This is adorable! Love the colours. Great take on the sketch.

Jessi Fogan said...

I'm pretty sure you're weird whether or not we're talking about gate-folds... :D
That cat really does have a look of 'Guess where I just left you a present?' Love the washi & the fun fold :)

Lisa Arana said...

Funny, I had a similar idea and then went a different direction. It is FABULOUS. That kitty looks up to no good for sure.

Jen W. said...

He really does have a cheeky look to him doesn't he? Love his chevron coat - I want a cat like that! LOL!

Kary said...

Ooo, this is Super cute, Lindsey!! Love that cheeky cat, and your paper piecing. It looks fabulous!! The gatefold card is a fantastic idea. Happy weekend!!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is awesome, Linds!! Everything about it is perfect from the resist embossed panels to the paper pieced cat and the paw print washi tape. Wow!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

ACK! I love love love that this card opens up!!! FUN!!!!! I love your white embossing too!!

I know I'm a bit late leaving a comment--- LOOOOOOOOOVE your take on this sketch!

THANKS for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

Barb King said...

That is a funny cat! Very cute card.