Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Where Have All the Flowers Gone?

There is nary a flower in sight at Crafty Creations Challenges today. The challenge: a project with NO flowers. When I mentioned the theme to my husb, he said, "that's a challenge???" :P He's obviously used to my style of crafting. ;) If you like to embellish your creations, it may be more difficult. But have no fear! I'm here to give you some ideas. 
Idea #1: Keep it CAS (clean and simple). 'Nuff said.
Idea #2: Pick an animal theme! I went with cats. 



I needed a card for our cat-sitter after a weekend away, and used this sweet Market Street Stamps cat, paper-pieced with appropriate cat-themed paper, along with a little pink for her ears, nose and cheeks. 
Idea #3: Go for a Christmas card! As long as poinsettias aren't involved, this should make it easy. And snowflakes can always stand in where flowers might normally go. 



Isn't this reindeer elegant? I was also glad to discover that even after two years, my silver embossing powder is still usable, though starting to look a teeny bit tarnished. I think I can eke another few months out of it. A sentiment could just as easily have gone where the snowflakes are.  
Check out the rest of the DT inspiration this week, and show us what you can do without flowers! 

Supplies: (cat card) white & SU pink pirouette cardstock, Reminisce here, kitty, kitty patterned paper, Market Street Stamps cool cats, Versafine onyx black ink, clear embossing powder; (reindeer card) white & Recollections silver cardstock, navy paint chip, Hero Arts dashing reindeer & Christmas reindeer stamps, Versamark, silver embossing powder 

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Love that cat card! purr-fect for the occasion (grooooaaaannnn). And the reindeer is marvelous in silver! I've got some powder that's at least 5-6 years old & seems to be doing OK - do you normally notice a problem after time?

marilynprestonn said...

Looking good Lindsey! What a fun kitty, love the papers you used for the piecing. Fabulous CAS card with the silver reindeer. About the embossing powder...I say "MORE POWDER TO YOU" ( he, he) I love it!

Great day to you, Peggyxo

Jen W. said...

I think that cat is one of the few MSS stamps I don't have and bow I'm wondering why. It's so darn cute! The paper is perfect too. That silver looks pretty perfect to me. I hadn't though of embossing powder going bad. Most of mine has been in a drawer for at least 5 years! Ack!

Lisa Arana said...

Week... What an adorable kitty and that reindeer is absolutely elegant!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Love both of these cards--that reindeer pops on that dark blue!!! And that kitty is just the CUTEST:) LOVE LOVE LOVE him!

Emily Leiphart said...

Ack, love your cat card! She's so sweet and I chuckled to see the text going across. :P Well, you always rock the heat embossing. I love that holiday card!

Anonymous said...

I don't now that I have ever paper pieced anything but I think your cat is very cute. I agree that the reindeer is very elegant and the colour scheme you chose is too.
Did you enjoy some unseasonly warm weather today? It was lovely here.
Heather