Friday, November 9, 2012

Christmas Friends with Flair

And... it's Friday again already! Time for Unity Friends with Flair. For today's card, I went with one of the two sketches on offer for the current Chick Challenges {with ippity} challenge. Wouldn't you know it; I only just recently discovered this site, and now the challenge blog is closing! 




I'm not sure I've ever made an ironic card before, but I thought "winter joy" would be a fun sentiment to pair with this less-than-joyful penguin. He's coloured with a combination of Sharpies and watercolour pencils, and the sky sponged with a little iridescent ink. I used one kind of Stickles on his hat trim, and another kind for the snow. I like that this guy can be coloured a little differently each time I use him. I may try paper-piecing him soon! 
As always, check out the Unity blog to see what else people are creating this week! Oh, and maybe their weekend sale. ;) Have a great weekend. 


Supplies: white & blue cardstock, DCWV patterned paper, {ippity} pain and pride & roly poly winter joy stamps, Versafine onyx black, Versamark & Stampin' Up real red inks, clear embossing powder, Sharpies, watercolour pencils, frosted lace & rock candy distress Stickles, Spellbinders circle dies, Inspirations grosgrain ribbon, 3/4" square punch, pop-dot tape 

Pin It Now!

28 comments:

Angeline Choo said...

Haha that penguin looks like he's having a lot of fun ;)

catherine said...

This is a great card and a super image. Great colours too
x catherine

Crystal said...

So cute and funny, I love how you paired up that grumpy penguin with the sentiment!

Chris Dring said...

Fabulous card! Love your coloring and that punny use of the sentiment! Great job!

veronica said...

i always love him! he's so fun to color! looks great!

mlady012 said...

I love that penguin.great job. I'm still smiling.

Ruby said...

Great winter card.

Carol L said...

OH my gosh, what a fun, and CUTE card! I love the snowflakes in the background, the pretty blue color, and that super fun image! Well done!

Lisa Arana said...

Lol... That is the PERFECT sentiment!!! Beautiful card as well.

Eva said...

This is so cute, I love how you colored the penguin, and the sentiment is perfect.

Emily Keaton said...

This is super cute, Lindsey! Love your coloring on that hilarious penguin, and you did a super job with the sketch. I'm so sad that Chick Challenges is folding up! I've always loved their sketches and the challenges were so fun. It's been a while since I've been able to play along, and just when I was ready to dive in again--poof, it's their last sketch!! Bummer.

Cheri said...

Haha! That penguin always cracks me up! Beautiful coloring, and I love your card!

Sam said...

Love that stamp, such a fun card, great job.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Such winter joy..haha!! Great fun card!!

Unknown said...

Wow, this card is so eye-catching! Love how your colors pop and I too love that penguin! Thanks for joining us at Chick Challenges Lindsey!
Jen

Glenda J said...

I absolutely LOVE this image (not sure why I don't have it). You've done a fabulous job on this... it's so much fun! Love it!

Kary said...

Awesome card, Lindsey!! I LLLOVE... everything about it. Gorgeous colouring and just perfect. I'm sorry life has been sooo busy and I'm struggling to find time for my crafty friends. You are in my thoughts and I'll be back soon. Hugs!

Julie Odil said...

I love this! I may have to scraplift him, he's so adorable.

Reflections from the lake said...

Can't get enough of this little guy! Thanks for sharing!

jennifer mitten said...

This card is absolutely darling! I love the bright colors....

Beejay said...

Love the cute card! your colors and coloring are perfect!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Wonderful coloring on this cute penguin! Love it!

JPScraps said...

Super cute card!!

LauraJane:) said...

Great coloring..Love the sentiment with the silly penguin:)

Lucy E. said...

What a cute card! I love the bright colors!

Jessi Fogan said...

I am such a fan of sarcasm...this card just makes me happy :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

That little penguin gets me every time! I LOVE him! FAB card:)

Jen W. said...

LOVE the ironic sentiment! Goes so perfectly with the look on his face. :)