Monday, October 15, 2012

World Card Making Day Challenges

So, World Card Making Day (WCMD) was October 6th, coincidentally the day of our big family Thanksgiving dinner... which I cook. Luckily for me, some WCMD challenges extend beyond the day itself, including those at the Unity Stamp blog. If you enter all EIGHT, there's a chance for a big prize! I don't know if I can manage to get them all done, but I've got two ready to go! 



This is for Challenge #7: Colouring. It was going to be for the embossing challenge, but I realized that masking the little penguins so they could all hold flippers AND embossing them was too much work for my frame of mind when I made it. ;) The colouring was accomplished with a few Sharpies, and the pom-poms and hat bands have some Stickles for fun. 









In attempting not to do ALL the easiest challenges first, this is for Challenge #4: Sketch. I was pretty much stumped by this sketch until I flipped it upside-down. Then I had a bunch of ideas, and settled on using this great {ippity} penguin, sitting on a giant snowdrift. He's coloured with Prismacolour pencils. 





I'm also going to sneak one of these cards into the Moxie Fab World Christmas card challenge. Unfortunately, those challenges end tonight, so I'll have to live with just two entries. More time for Unity challenges! :D 



             

Supplies: (warm wishes) white & Stampin' Up garden green cardstock, Unity/Jillibean Soup Christmas Eve Chowder stamps, Memories black & Stampin' Up real red inks, Sharpies, icicle Stickles, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Spellbinders labels 3 & ribbon tag dies, Celebrate It ribbon, pop-dot tape; (safe holiday) white & Stampin' Up real red cardstock, DCWV patterned paper, {ippity} by Unity Pain and Pride stamps, Versafine onyx black & cranberry inks, clear embossing powder,  Prismacolor pencils, frosted lace Stickles, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Those penguins are so CUTE! I collect penguin Christmas stamps - between the two you featured here I think I know where this year's is coming from :) Love the flat bow on the first (and that neat shape for the sentiment!) and who wouldn't love the look on that disgruntled skier? Seriously!

Linda Palmer said...

Lindsey, these cards are great with some fantastic images on them. Great job on both...Love them.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Those penguins are the CUTEST!!! LOOOOOVE that second card!!! So fun!

Emily Leiphart said...

Eeek, penguins galore! I will have to show D this post for sure. Love them both!!

Jen W. said...

I love that the penguins are holding flippers! They're so cute! And nice move on flipping the sketch. I think you can get a lot more mileage out of it that way. Rooting for you to get all the challenges done!