Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Hero Arts August Contest

*This is my second post of the day! (I'm shocked, too.)
Click here for my Growing in Unity post.*


Hero Arts not only makes great stamps, they also sponsor a monthly contest. And this month is perfect for me -- Clean and Simple Stamping! That's what I do best! So I plan to inundate them with entries. (We'll see if that actually happens. :D) 


Isn't this big award stamp fun? I paper-pieced the ribbons, and coloured the outline of the circle with my trusty Sharpies. I have no idea who makes the #1 stamps; I won them as blog candy. I cut out the image and popped it up on the orange mat, although it would be fun to make it into a pin and have it removable, too. 
I'm also going to enter this card into A Blog Named Hero's freestyle challenge. 
(Don't forget, I'm back tomorrow with another Growing in Unity post!) 


Supplies: white & Stampin' Up cajun craze cardstock, My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Fly a Kite patterned paper, Hero Arts/Basic Grey You're the Best stamp, Brilliance graphite black ink, clear embossing powder, orange Sharpie, Marvy Uchida corner-rounding punch, pop-dot tape Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Jocelyn Olson said...

I majorly LOVE your card, Lindsey! I've never seen that stamp before, but it is super cute. Great paper piecing. Perfect CAS design!

Linda said...

love love love. that IS a great image!

Every time I come to your blog I laugh out loud at your profile description- :) so great.

Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge!

Good luck

Linda
A Blog Named Hero

onecraftymama said...

Sometimes putting it out there on the blog makes me do it for reals :)
Love this fun award - it WOULD be cool as a pin. Off you go, now ;)

Emily Leiphart said...

Fabulous CAS design, Linds! This card would be great for so many occasions. Thanks for reminding me that that stamp set is still in my wish list! ;)

Jessica S said...

Fantastic card. Love the rounded corners on the background. Fabulous paper choices, too. Good luck on your inundation. he he he
:O)
Jessica S

Cris said...

Cute CAS card! Love that image! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

Jen W. said...

Loving the colours here and that star paper is awesome! Glad I'm not the only one who always has big plans to inundate certain challenges! :D