Sunday, July 29, 2012

Birthday Celebration

My mother-in-law has a significant birthday coming up... her 90th! Of course there's going to be a party to celebrate the milestone, and of course I volunteered to make the invitations -- all 21 of them! 




I wanted to keep them simple (I know, like my usual designs aren't? :P) but distinctive. Embossing this ornate treble clef gives the invitations a focal point that allows the rest of the design to be fairly basic. (Well, in my opinion...) As my mother-in-law is very musical, it seemed quite appropriate, as well. A shimmery gold mat, a computer generated banner, and done! Most importantly, my mother-in-law is very pleased with them. 
I'm going to add these invitations to this week's Simon Says Stamp "Anything Goes" challenge, just for fun! 




Supplies: white & Recollections gold cardstock, Hero Arts musical clef, Versamark ink, pirate's gold embossing powder, 3/4" square punch Pin It Now!

14 comments:

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful invitations! So classy! Thanks for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I loooooooooooooooove this birthday invite! I LOVE everything with music!!! Happy birthday to your MIL!! I hope she enjoys her special day:) Psalm 118:24

Jessi Fogan said...

Simply fabulous, Lindsey! KISS is super-important with mass-producing....I'm in the middle of 100 and I'm wishing I'd kept it even simpler! Love the white-on-white flag layer for the sentiment - and the whole design :)

kasia c. said...

Lindsey this is beautiful!
That treble clef is fabulous and I love the elegant touch of that gold matting.
Happy birthday to your MIL!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Yikes, with 21, I'm glad you went CAS (of course, I doubt you'd go shabby-chic). These are GORGEOUS! I love that note and the gold mat is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

They are gorgeous, so elegant.
Heather

Glenda J said...

Very striking! Great work on these gorgeous CAS cards.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, wauw, this is gorgeous! Soooo stylish!! Brave that you didn't put anymore on it, this is just perfect this way! Love it! And what a gorgeous stamp!!
Hugs, Wendy

Emily Leiphart said...

These are magnificent! I love that you used the treble clef. These are simply classy and elegant. Perfect for the occasion! Way to go on completing 21. Wow!

Lisa Arana said...

Sweet!!! Love, love, love these 'note' cards! Brilliantly fun. I've missed out on your creations... I'm off to scroll back to what I missed. Hugs.

Barb King said...

THis is a beautiful invite, very classy and classic!

maska said...

Beautiful invitations.
I love that note (G-nøkkel).

Jen W. said...

That treble clef is gorgeous - love how you've let it shine!

Angela said...

I could've sworn I already told you how awesome these cards turned out...but I guess I did that in my head and not on my computer ;) They're great -- of course I love the music theme, and the gold-ness of it is perfect for the occasion!