Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day in Mauve

This week's Do You Stack Up? (DYSU) challenge is to use purple. No problem! And since it's a colour my mother-in-law also likes, this is a Mother's Day card for her.


(Just to clarify: purple's not my FAVOURITE colour; that's red. But I do like purple.)
This card allowed me to try something I picked up recently that I'm now in love with: Twinkling H2Os. WOW. They really are as glimmery and shimmery as everyone says they are! I was able to find a store that sold individual pots; I didn't really want to drop funds on a multi-pack before I knew if I would like them or not. One thing I now know is that what the paint looks like in the pot is not exactly what it will look like when you use it. In the lidded pot under fluorescent store lights, this Stargazer shade looked like a light blue. When you use it, it's a lovely blue/mauve sparkly mix, perfect with this Almost Amethyst cardstock. The shimmer refuses to show up properly in the photo, as do the two score lines on the white panel. What you can see a bit of is the decorated inside of the card, something I rarely do, but which worked perfectly with this card.
If you're a scrapbooker (I'm NOT), happy national scrapbooking day; if you're a mom, happy Mother's Day tomorrow... otherwise, happy weekend!

Supplies: white & Stampin' Up almost amethyst textured cardstock, Stampin' Up Fifth Avenue Floral stamp, Brilliance moonlight white and Stampin' Up almost amethyst inks, white embossing powder, Stargazer Twinkling H2Os, Martha Stewart border punch, pop dot tape Pin It Now!

11 comments:

WencheP said...

Fabulous CAS-card. Thank you for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Donelda said...

This is beautiful! I too love Twinkling H2Os, so much fun!!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Wow, Lindsey, your card turned out GORGEOUS! The purple looks so elegant and soothing, and I love how you did the flower!! (It's a good thing I already have some Twinkling H2Os :) Really beautiful!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Lindsey!

Such a pretty flower!!! Love the shiny effect, that looks gorgeous! And the flower is really beautiful!

Hugs, Wendy

Karin said...

Just beautiful! I have trouble using the Almost Amethyst color, but this is STUNNING! And I don't know of this Twinkling H20 stuff, but it looks so cool I will have to hunt it down now. CAS and a wow factor...LOVE!

Unknown said...

Beautiful rose - I love my H2Os too

kitten DYSU team

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Linds! I love that flower, the punched edge, scored lines AND an inside. WOW!! You are really tempting me with those Twinkling H2Os, although I'm still not exactly sure what kind of product it is. ;)

Janna Werner said...

Hi Lindsey! Gorgeous clean and simple card! Love the scallops and the huge flower. Perfect for mother´s day!
Have a great day and thanks so much for playing along at DYSU this week :D
Janna

Meg said...

See, this is exactly the sort of card I told you not to post this month!! Now I want to go out and buy all the twinkling H20s since your flower is so gorgeous!!! Love the border strip, too. And stamping on the inside! Now you're just showing off. ;)

kasia c. said...

Lindsey that flower is stunning! For not loving purple you worked some magic with it! :)

Angela said...

Way to rock the purple AND the twinkling h2os -- yet another product I need to rediscover. They're around here somewhere...

Love the rose in white embossing, too!