Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Glow...

It's my second post as CASology's guest designer for July, and this week's cue word is GLOW: 




Just like last week, lots of ideas crossed my mind,  but I still ended up going with my first instinct, which was to pull out this light bulb stamp with its perfect sentiment. After stamping and heat-embossing the image, I cut it out and traced around it onto my card base before sponging the glow. I stamped the sentiment, then coloured in "light" using the same ink. 
Here's a close-up that shows the silver embossing better:



The regular CASology design team has of course come up with their usual creative ideas, so be sure to see where this week's cue word took them. Then I hope you'll join us! 

Supplies: white cardstock, Unity stamps, Versamark, Memories black & Memento dandelion inks, silver embossing powder, Simon Says Stamp postage stamp die, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

12 comments:

Melissa said...

So perfect for this week's cue word, Lindsey! The addition of the embossing adds so much and I love it!
So glad we get to have you as a guest designer for a second week over at CASology! :)

Jen W. said...

Love the silver embossing powder - totally adds to the shine! Also like how you colored the filament and left the rest white. :)

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Lindsey you have a great idea for the cue card the embossing is adorable and the shape of the card I love it...may I ask you how many times if we win at Casology can we being GDT...i thought only one time but I love your CAS card your style fit so good with CASology...congrats again as GDT Lindsey.. and now I am off to sleep..its 23:29 in Munich...hugs, Monika

Taunya Butler said...

This is a super fantastic card that does indeed glow with praise!! What a delight it would be for anyone to receive this beautifully done card!!

Joyce said...

Perfect card for the cue word, and I love how you made the glow all around the light bulb.

Heather said...

Love the embossing on the light bulb. I think it really 'makes' the card. Ok, the yellow highlights are a perfect touch also. You always have the best ideas.

Judy1223 said...

Lindsey, this is so fun! I love the silver embossing, a perfect GLOW card! Great having you as guest designer at CASology this month!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Lindsey, between the shiny silver and the subtle yellow it really does glow!

Heather T

Chris Dring said...

A perfect, glowing card! That is all. :)

Jessi Fogan said...

I love it! The glow around the bulb is just perfect :)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love your glowing lightbulb. The silver embossing is perfect for this card.

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful, Linds! Love the silver embossing and glow!