Pages

▼

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Sentiments at Crafty Creations Challenges

This week at Crafty Creations Challenges, we're helping you get your Christmas cards done! The challenge this week is to create a Christmas card and include a sentiment. Our sponsor this week is Lili of the Valley. I used their beautiful Advent Calendar image:




I started with the advent calendar on some oatmeal cardstock -- I thought the colour and texture suited the image. Then I paper-pieced the dates and Christmas tree, and used a bunch of different media to colour everything: watercolour pencils, gold shimmer paint, white flocking and red glitter glue. When I went to cut out the image, there was no way I could cut around the original hanger effectively, so instead I added some twine and a brad to hang it from. I picked a sentiment to reflect the warm cozy feel of the image. The twine qualifies this card for the challenge at Do You Stack Up (DYSU#48) to use something you can tie.
Play along with our challenge for your chance to win a £10 gift voucher from Lili of the Valley! 
I'll be back later today with my winner from the Amber Ink blog hop!


Supplies: white & oatmeal cardstock, Lili of the Valley advent calendar & Unity October 2010 Kit of the Month October (Take Time to Laugh) stamps, Versacolor green ink, clear embossing powder, watercolor pencils, gold shimmer paint, Studio G white fun flocking, Studio G red glitter glue, Twinery peapod twine, gold brad, pop dot tape

8 comments:

  1. Oh, wauw, love this!!! What a pretty image that is and perfect in that color and the Unity sentiments os the perfect addition! Very, very nice!!
    Hugs & happy day to you!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, love this calendar on a card! Fabulous creation. Have a lovely day, my friend! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! That calendar is the cutest and I love the matching twine and sentiment. Totally delightful, Linds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it's hung with tine on the brad - totally adds to the homespun feel of the card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card Lindsey. What fine coloring my dear. You are so good with details. Also love the sentiment.:)Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Insert record scratch sound...

    you paper pieced ALL THOSE DATES?!?!

    Are you a crazy lady?

    I do love the effect and I love the little twine banner you made, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto to the above! lol Paper piecing all those dates is some fine handiwork my friend! I love this sweet warm and wonderful card!!
    hugs,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  8. all that paper cutting made for one AMAZING card! well worth the effort. love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!