Tuesday, March 12, 2019

The Return of Tag You're It


My friend Tracey has brought back the Tag You're It challenge! It's been on hiatus for just over a year, but Tracey and her design team decided to bring it back. The current challenge, as you can see, is "The Luck of the Irish". Here's my contribution: 


On my own, I have approximately no St. Patrick's Day-themed supplies. I did at some point die cut several shamrocks at a friend's house, so that was my starting point for the base tag. I adhered three to a darker green tag, then stencilled some translucent embossing paste over the entire tag. While that dried, I die cut a rainbow from the top tag and coloured it with Copics. I also printed some vintage images from The Graphics Fairy, cut them out, added a little extra thickness with chipboard and added them to the ends of the rainbow.  


This tag will likely end up as the focal point on a card - I make one St. Patrick's Day card a year for friends that we get together with for dinner every March 17th, a fun tradition. In the meantime, I'm also adding this tag to the current Paper Players challenge, Colours of the Rainbow. 


Supplies: Neenah white, (?) green & Stampin' Up garden green cardstock, The Graphics Fairy vintage St. Patrick's Day images, CUTplorations manila tag, MFT rainbow, Paper Smooches Spring & Spellbinders circle dies, Stampers Anonymous/TIm Holtz burlap stencil, Dreamweaver translucent embossing paste, Copic markers, scrap ribbon

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Lindsey, what a fabulous St. Patrick's gift tag! I love the embossing paste on the green tag and that gorgeous rainbow! SO happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

Wanda Cullen said...

This is such a darling tag and so perfect for the rainbow color theme! I'm also thrilled to hear the Tag, You're It challenge is back. It was an old favorite of mine! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Paper Players!

Kim Heggins said...

Love your fabulous St. Patty's Day tag, so much fun. Love your sweet rainbow paired with your vintage embellishments!

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a fun and festive tag, Lindsey! Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day. Thanks for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!