Saturday, March 16, 2019

Christmas Kickstart - with Hooves


A new challenge has started at Christmas Kickstart and the theme is "Moves on Hooves". My snarky sister and challenge host, Jo, may be surprised at how traditional I chose to go for this prompt: 


I have a feeling faceted stamps are no longer an *in* thing, but I like this reindeer too much to give him up. And I'd never thought of stamping him on black for a fancy silhouette, so here he is! A simple sponged snowscape and a peaceful sentiment was all I felt he needed - along with a thin black mat. It's amazing how much a simple layer of cardstock can add to an otherwise very CAS card. It refused to show up in the photographs, but along with the gold tinsel on the hooved guy, the sentiment twinkles with sparkly embossing powder. 


Supplies: Neenah white & Stampin' Up basic black cardstock, Essentials by Ellen Season to Sparkle stamps & die, Versamark, Versafine onyx black & milled lavender, faded jeans, blueprint sketch & chipped sapphire distress ink, gold tinsel & Hero Arts clear sparkle embossing powder

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

A beautiful card, Lindsey! I'd keep hold of that stamp too as it looks very stylish against the black. Thanks for playing along at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful card, awesome sky and wonder where I've been never heard of faceted stamps but your deer is gorgeous and I wouldn't give him up either.

BożenA said...

A great design. Your deer is so majestic in combination of black and gold.
Hugs,
BożenA

Lisa Arana said...

I love that reindeer, especially in gold! Definitely a classic look.

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous deer stamp. Love your clean scene. Thanks for joining the fun at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Hugz