Thursday, February 14, 2019

Anything Birthday Goes!


Our newest challenge at Seize the Birthday is the classic "Anything Goes"! We always welcome any birthday card at StB, but there is no optional "topping" to help or hinder your inspiration for the next two weeks. ;) 
I decided my *anything* would be my new Turnabout Stamp from Concord & 9th!


I have been eyeing the various turnabout stamps for a while, loving what I saw people doing with them, but worried that they might not be as easy as they seemed to rotate and stamp perfectly. But when C&9 decided to create a toolkit last month, I was in. Confession: this panel is NOT absolutely perfect, but looks great anyway, I think. My happy mail finally arrived on a migraine day, but I really wanted to test it out. I grabbed four handy inks and stamped, attempting to follow the instructions, but missing one part. Random inks, imprecise panel placement on the jig, still liked the results. I have a feeling this is not my last turnabout stamp order. :D When I was ready to make today's card, I cut the bouquet panel to size, added a central sentiment and layered everything on a mauve card base. (Ugh! I know it looks more like dusty rose in the photos. Photography has been annoying me no end recently.) A smattering of iridescent sequins adds a hint of bling. 



A friend's birthday snuck up on me just the other day, and it was so good having a few cards already made to choose from - so why not make one and come join us! For more inspiration, be sure to visit the blog, where the regular party-goers, plus our surprise party guest Julie have a variety of birthday cards made to impress! 
P.S. Happy Valentine's Day! 


image source

Supplies: Neenah white & Hero Arts lilac layering cardstock, Concord & 9th Everyday Bouquet & Clearly Besotted Say What stamps, Versamark, Memento new sprout, nautical blue, lulu lavender & elderberry inks, Wow clear embossing powder, Concord & 9th Everyday Bouquet & Winnie & Walter Katharine cutaway dies, Little Things from Lucy's Cards iridescent sequins, foam tape

Pin It Now!

12 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card - looks perfect to me! Cut Gif too, Jo x

Glenda J said...

So bright and cheerful! I would think to put these colours today - wow - looks terrific. I think you did a fabulous job - sorry about the migraine day.

Julie B said...

Love the colours you've chosen to use here, so springlike. :)

Nancy said...

Love the color combo a lot on this card Lindsey! Looks like a fun card to make! Have a great day!

Barbara said...

I agree with you, turn about cards are not as easy as they look. I love the colors and this looks perfect to me. Great job, I will take a lesson from you.

Cathy said...

Wonderful card, love the colours. I don't have any of these type of stamps, but I love what you've created with this, Cathy x

Ashwini Rao said...

Its great that you finally picked up a turnabout stamp - and with really wonderful results too! Love what you've created! It looks so perfect! Agree with what you've said - they always turn out great, even if they are perfect!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous "wreath" type card

Tracey McNeely said...

So excited to see your turnabout card Lindsey! Beautiful. I hope this lovely comes with you next Saturday on our crafty date!

TaeEun said...

Your turn about stamping looks perfect to me! Elegant color combination and mauve or dusty rose the base looks great with the stamped panel :)!

Lisa Kind said...

With all your randomness, you created a beautiful card! I love these TAB stamps and own quite a few. They are a lot of fun!

Carol L said...

I love the color combo you chose for this card, and the design is wonderful! You used your turnabout to create a fabulous card! NJ!