Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Goodbye Muse, Hello ABC Christmas

A fun challenge came to a close at the end of 2018 when Muse: ChristmasVisions held its final challenge. I really enjoyed my year working with Ardyth and the rest of the design team, but all good things do seem to come to an end eventually. 
It's so helpful come December to have been making Christmas cards throughout the year, and being on a Christmas challenge team is a great help in accomplishing that. So I'm excited to announce I've been accepted as a new member of the ABC Christmas Challenge team! 

ABC Christmas Challenge runs through the alphabet with two or three letters per month to spark your creativity. For January we are starting, not surprisingly, with A and B. First up is A for Anything Goes:


This is the last card I made before Christmas, with this challenge in mind. It's got a fair amount going on compared to my usual cards - a stamped background with some additional green sponging around the edges, watercolored and die cut evergreen branches, a sparkly die cut jingle bell, and a stamped sentiment. All that plus a panel of patterned paper to ground the sentiment and cluster of images. Oh! There's also some red twine for the jingle bell and a few star sequins. :) 


The second challenge theme for January is B for Berries:


And this is my first Christmas card destined for 2019 mailing! I had given a quick try to these Sunny Studio layering holly stamps in November when I was making tags, with absolutely zero success. When I was able to take the time to look at the set more closely, I discovered a few of the stamps are labelled incorrectly! It wasn't just my fault. :P Using the right trio of stamps for each holly leaf produces such beautiful results. I chose to use them to frame this big sentiment, layered on a die cut green panel. Perhaps before Christmas I would have decided to bling this up a lot more, but I just added a little sparkly *frosting* to the berries. 


While you still have the lingering aftereffects of your 2018 Christmas spirit hanging around, why not be inspired by these two prompts, make a Christmas card or two or three and join us! For more inspiration, be sure to check out the beautiful cards of my new teammates. 


Supplies: (Tis the Season) Stampin' Up very vanilla, garden green & real red glitter cardstock, Teresa Collins Noël patterned paper, Hero Arts music collage background & Uniko Simply Said Blocks Christmas stamps, Stampin' Up garden green & several green distress inks, Paper Smooches Wreath Builder, Lil' Inkers Jingle Joy & Winnie & Walter Katherine cutaway dies, Hemptique red twine; (holly) Neenah white & Stampin' Up garden green cardstock, Sunny Studio Christmas Trimmings stamps & dies, Simon Says Stamp Peace on Earth sentiment stamp,Versamark,  Memento bamboo leaves, Stampin Up garden green, Simon Says Stamp green leaf & Altenew crimson & velvet inks, Wow clear embossing powder, MFT stitched scallop rectangle die, Gelly Roll clear sparkle pen

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh I love these cards I really love the papers of the first card
What a fabulous start for ABC Christmas challenge DT LOVE that your on the team a huge welcome to you yay!
huge wishes for a happy and healthy 2019 xx

Helen said...

Welcome aboard Lyndsey - so pleased you're on our team!
Beautiful cards...love the traditional colours, and those stamped holly leaves are fab!
Helen x

Kim Heggins said...

Congrats on your new design team...so excited to see more holiday cards from you. These are as sweet as can be! Happy New Year!

Barbara Godden said...

Congrats on the new team, I've played along with it a few times and it's fun to follow the ABCs. Great cards, love the layer on the first and the holly berries one is great as well.

Chris Dring said...

Congrats on this new Christmas card gig! I had only just discovered this challenge a couple weeks ago, so am twice as happy to know you are designing there! Your cards are equally brilliant, btw. That first one though, so unlike your usual style but WOW!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lindsey :-) I love the papers and vintage look of the first one and the 2nd card is beautiful too! You definitely got the year off to a great start!! :-)


Welcome to the team!! Woo Hoo!!! I am thrilled to be working alongside you! :-)
Happy New Year! I hope 2019 is a fabulous one for you :-)
luv
Lols xxx