Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Muse: ChristmasVisions


My turn to be your inspiration at Muse: ChristmasVisions! It's now definitely not too early to start thinking about making Christmas cards, so I hope you can find something to inspire you. I decided to make two versions of my card for today: 


For the first one, I used one of my all-time favourite embossing powders, verdigris, for these arty Christmas trees. I bordered the tree panel with a strip of gold pearl paper to play off the gold flecks in the trees, then embossed the sentiment in gold. 


This time, I used three different metallic embossing powders for the trees, but still kept the gold for the border and the sentiment. Apart from taking time to make sure I aligned the three trees correctly (it's a wood block stamp, so I had to go back to my trusty Stamp-a-ma-Jig instead of using my MISTI), this was a quick an easy design. 
You have two weeks to come and play along! 

Supplies: white cardstock, gold pearl paper, Artful Stamper tree & Technique Tuesday Jingle All the Way stamps, Versamark ink, Wow verdigris, copper pearl, pale gold pearl, silver & pirate's gold embossing powders, fun foam

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

So stylish! Love these, Lindsey - I wouldn't have had a clue how to use this stamp, Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Oh my I love love love that tree, both cards are awesome but the tri-colour is my fav. I'm inspired hope I can pull it off.

ElizStewart said...

Lindsey...you are inspiring me to get out my glittery embossing powders!!

cm said...

Ohhhh...your scribbly trees are absolutely stunning! Gorgeous cards!
hugs~carol