Sunday, October 21, 2018

It's Getting Close!!!


In less than two weeks, November begins. (wait, what?) And with that, so does Tracey McNeeley's annual extravaganza, 25 Days of Christmas Tags! And yippee, I'm on the design team again! Come to think of it, I'm not sure I really gave Tracey any choice, I've been asking about it for months. 😂


And what is 25 Days of Christmas Tags, you ask? Well, Tracey lines up an amazing list of participating sponsors, enough to actually cover 26 days of inspired tag-making! (But of course, 25 sounds way more Christmas-y...) For the first 26 days of November, you will see an assortment of tags from both the sponsors' design team and the four of us pictured above. Make a tag and post it to Tracey's event post, or comment on the designers' tags, or both - and you may win one of the prizes on offer! 
In an attempt to whet your tag-making appetite, I made an advance tag to share: 


Tags can be simple or as ornate as you want, and I went with simple today. I acquired this sentiment from Ardyth yesterday (don't worry, she knows... 😉) and think it's the perfect size to stand on its own for a tag. I stamped and embossed the sentiment on white cardstock, and backed it with a mat of green before adding it to the patterned paper base. And since the paper is double-sided, I simply added another rectangle of white to the back so both sides have some decoration. 

Tag back, ready for writing

Quick, easy, and I have a first tag for this year's gift-giving! Also used up a few scraps of cardstock, paper and ribbon, which is just another reason tags are a fine thing to make. Only several billion more scraps to go... 
The fun starts November 1st! Hope to see you there. 


Supplies: white & green cardstock, Little Yellow Bicycle patterned paper, Simon Says Stamp Peace on Earth stamp, Memento Luxe love letter ink, Ranger clear embossing powder, CUTplorations manila tag die, scrap ribbon and elastic thread

Pin It Now!

No comments: