Saturday, June 2, 2018

Yummy!

Edna's tempting our taste buds for the newest Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge! 


Y is for Yummy! When you ply me with tasty treats, I tend not to be quite so snarky, and my card reflects this... 


Fun facts about this card! 
  1. As I was starting it, my husb saw I was stamping an ice cream cone. I told him Y is for Yummy was the upcoming theme. He said he was surprised I wasn't making a wine-themed card. :o 
  2. Blast from the past with the Fiskars Threading Water punch! But it seemed to fit with the ice cream cone and paper. 
  3. This is obviously the bizarro-world version of a Tim Holtz stamp card. I almost left it without the sequins, for a truly clean and simple card, but it didn't feel quite *finished*. The sequins balance the shimmer of the scoop of strawberry (which refused to show up in a photograph...)
  4. The above photo is my amateur attempt to *stage* my card. :D 



Luckily, at least one of the sisters ALWAYS provides the necessary snarky inspiration, so I encourage you to visit the blog to see what everyone else has come up with today. I hope you'll make something yummy and join us! 

Supplies: white & kraft cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, American Crafts Amy Tangerine Sketchbook patterned paper, Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous/Simon Says Stamp blueprint stamp, Versafine onyx black ink, Cosmo Cricket Candy pixie paint, (?) sequins, Fiskars threading water punch, fun foam

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Chris Dring said...

The sequins make it a party! An excellent ice cream-y card!

Barbara Godden said...

Now I want icecream but NOT strawberry, has to be moose trax, Mississippi mud pie, rocky road anything with chunks of chocolate in it. Super card, love those TH blueprint stamps. the sequins are perfect and I giggle when you said something about staging lol.

Dotty Jo said...

Great card! Andy said he thought I'd go with wine or gin for my yummy, Jo x

Jane Willis said...

Haha, I didn't go down the booze route because I thought everybody else would be doing it! This really does look yummy and it's great to see a Tim Holtz stamp used in such a CAS way. Love that paper along the edge too.