Friday, June 1, 2018

The 30 Day Colouring Challenge

Happy Friday! Kathy Racoosin has picked June as the time for another Daily Marker 30 Day Colouring Challenge, and I'm part of a group of card-making friends that has decided to play along! 


I will admit, after the last 30-day colouring commitment, I didn't think I'd be doing this again. But Emily, Tasha, Ardyth, Karen, Tracey and I agreed to send each other fun images to colour, and to feel no pressure if real life got in the way of a full 30 day commitment. (Sure...) At least I'm ready for Day 1! Emily sent us the cutest images that I was more than happy to sit on our deck and colour while sipping some iced tea. :) 


To be honest, I feel like I did my best to absolutely wreck Mr. Bear, but decided in the end he was... okay. (Browns are hard! :P) I chose to keep the background colours quite muted, and then use the same colours to colour the birthday bouquet. Similarly, the cute chick is the same yellow, but undiluted, as the flower centres. I used the pink of the flowers to highlight the pun in the sentiment. I added some Nuvo drops and sparkle pen to the background dots to add a little extra sparkle and dimension. 
Day one... check! 29 left...

Supplies: Hero Arts pale green layering cardstock, Strathmore watercolour paper, Waffle Flower Bear and Bird stamps & dies, Ranger archival black ink, Zig watercolour markers, Winnie & Walter Katharine cutaway die, sea breeze Nuvo jewel drops, Gelly Roll clear glitter pen, foam tape

SaveSaveSaveSave Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Dotty Jo said...

So cute! Good luck with the whole 30 days thing, I'm sure you'll do it! Jo x