Thursday, June 21, 2018

Seize the Birthday on Day 21!


It's time for a new Seize the Birthday challenge! No toppings this week; if it's a birthday card, we want to see it. This worked out well for me, as I was able to combine making a birthday card with my colouring for Day 21 of Kathy Racoosin's The Daily Marker 30 Day colouring challenge. Emily has given our group pretty floral images to work with today, so it was not difficult to transform one into a birthday card: 


The colouring itself was a good challenge for me, as I have trouble leaving "white space" when I colour, but I wanted to keep the blue mostly to the centre of the blooms. I'm relatively pleased with how it turned out. Possibly the hardest part of the card was positioning all the pearls exactly where I wanted them! 
If you need to make a birthday card anyway, why not add it to our gallery, and while you're there, admire the rest of the design team's creations. And if you did some colouring for your card, you can link to the colouring challenge too, even if it's your first time!


Supplies: white and blue cardstock, Fabriano watercolour paper, Altenew Starry Flowers stamp & die, Clearly Besotted Fancy Sayings stamp, Versamark & Versafine onyx black inks, Ranger clear embossing powder, Zig markers, MFT blueprints 24 stitched rectangle die, Marvy-Uchida corner-rounding punch, (?) adhesive-back pearls

Pin It Now!

11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Wow! Always a big, big fan of your cards, but I hope you won't mind my saying that the cards for the 30 days colouring have been some of your best ever! Bravo! Jo x

JoAnn said...

Pretty card Lindsey. Love how you kept the color mostly in the center of your flowers and the way you arranged them is perfect.

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful card, love the design and I'm good with your "white" space, its something I have trouble with too. (even if it's blue)

Barbara said...

You are doing great on the coloring challenge. I have been trying, but I am way behind you. I love your coloring and the cascading flowers.

Nancy said...

I love this tone of blue and you have colored it perfectly! Such a pretty card! Hope you had a great Birthday!!

stampwithsandy said...

So pretty, Lindsey! I love your soft coloring and the blue background.

Ashwini Rao said...

It is pretty and perfect, Lindsey! The flowers look very beautiful and the pearls are perfectly placed. Such a lovely birthday card! I think you've done very well in leaving white space in the coloring too! :)

shirley-bee said...

Love the partial colouring on your flowers, Lindsey!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely trail of flowers!

SonjaK said...

Such a great monochrome design! I love how you've managed to add dynamic to your scene just by the way the flowers trail into view. Thank you so much for having me as your Surprise Guest at Seize the Birthday for the last few weeks!

Glenda J said...

You did a fabulous job with the colouring on this CAS card. Well done my friend. I'm just not that great at colouring period... you are an inspiration.