Saturday, June 30, 2018

Over the Hill with the Sisterhood


Poor Edna. She's feeling her age this week, and so the new Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge is O is for Over the Hill. You may choose to take this literally, and add an actual paper hill to your creation, or take it more figuratively, as I did: 


I've been itching to use these Tim Holtz Paper Doll images since I bought them a few months ago, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. This particular gentleman seemed to fit the "over the hill" criterion quite nicely. I wasn't quite sure how to deal with the fact he's obviously sitting down, but when I discovered he fit perfectly on this patterned paper bicycle, it all went together really quickly. This paper is great, too, with its built in gloss elements, that I've tried to show a little better below: 


It's always a good idea to have a snarky age-related birthday card in your stash, so why not join us? For more inspiration, be sure to check out the creations of my sisters in snark, as well as this week's Queen of Snark and Guest Designer, Lorraine

Supplies: white & black cardstock, DCWV Timeless Type patterned paper, Paper Issues/Snarky Stamps Ahhh Birthday stamps, Versafine onyx black ink, Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Ancestors Paper Dolls, Winnie & Walter Katharine cutaway die

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Yesssssssssssssss sistah!!!
That fella is perfectly over the hill and I loved that you popped him onto a bicycle!!!
And of course, I am diggin the sentiment
(get it, I made a funny, diggin...dirt...pffft)

Jane Willis said...

I love it - elegant, vintage, masculine and snarky - perfect

Majo said...

This is so perfect, dear Sistah ♥ Love the Paper Dolls!

Dotty Jo said...

What a fabulous way to use that paper doll! I never think to use mine (I like to look at them occasionally and go 'wow', these are great), Jo x