Saturday, June 9, 2018

More Colouring and Cats (Day 9)



Yesterday, for Day 8 of Kathy Racoosin's The Daily Marker 30 Day colouring challenge, I mentioned my *helper* cat Duncan, snoozing on my lap as I coloured the flowers for yesterday's card. Strangely, he didn't help me today — maybe having a cat as the main image of my card was enough. :D 


It should be no big shock if I tell you it was my turn to pick what our group was going to colour today. Obviously when I was stamping stuff for everyone in anticipation of this month-long challenge, I decided what I stamped should challenge me too. You need to know I always do the Hipsters or any of the Crazy line of animals on watercolour paper. Obviously I thought it would be great fun to stamp this guy on Neenah cardstock so everyone could colour him with Copic markers. UGH. I usually *see* this guy as a ginger, but my marker collection is sorely lacking unless I wanted him to look more like a Cheeto. And believe me, I didn't. ;) So ultimately his colouring is a combination of marker and pencil crayons, and still far from the colouring of my imagination. He does look pretty classy as well as hipster-y though, so I kept the rest of the card simple and classy, too. 
I am quite looking forward to seeing how my group of colouring friends deal with this image! :D 
Now, if you'll excuse me, my town is hosting a buttertart festival, so I'm required elsewhere. :P 

Supplies: white & black cardstock, Creative Imaginations Dots & Stripes patterned paper, Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz Hipster & MFT Love You Furever stamps,  MFT extreme black ink, Copic markers, Prismacolor pencils, MFT diagonal stitched rectangle die

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Great card! Jo x

Squdge said...

I love it! Such a cool stamp and a great card. I'm doing the challenge too but my colouring isn't good enough to go on my cards yet!