Saturday, June 30, 2018

Colouring Challenge, DAY THIRTY


The end of June and the very final day of Kathy Racoosin's The Daily Marker 30 Day Colouring Challenge! This is the second time I've managed to play along every day with one of these challenges, and the second time I've thought at the end, nope, not doing that again. :D The pressure is all self-imposed, of course, but pressure all the same. Especially if I play along with a group of friends. However! I now have a stack of pretty cards finished, I do think my Copic colouring has improved a bit (more on THAT in a minute), and it's been fun to colour my friends' images and see what they do with mine as well as the others. 
Enough blather, here's my card! 


When I initially finished colouring these flowers, they almost went directly into recycling. And wouldn't that just figure, a major fail on the very last day! But they were over-coloured and blotchy. Since I didn't like them anyway, I decided to experiment. 
Did you see this post by Ardyth for Day 28? Such a pretty effect! I couldn't try it, though, since I have no reinkers, no colourless blending solution, and my flowers from Tracey were already die cut. BUT! I do have rubbing alcohol! :P That's got to be almost the same, right? So I poured a little over my flowers... and it smoothed the blotches and made them almost glow. Yay! The colour is still quite saturated, but they look so much better. (And no, there is no photographic evidence of them from before. I was too mad at them and me.) Against the dry-embossed black panel, with the white accents, they really pop. I was also able to use one of the sentiments Tracey had stamped with the flowers... there was just enough room to cut the sentiment out on the diagonal and then layer the black on top. This may now be one of my favourites from the month. I'm even going to display it in the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Anything Goes challenge. ;) 
Thanks to Kathy for the challenge, and to my #30dayfriends for the images and friendship! 

Supplies: white & black cardstock, Papertrey Ink Vintage Linens stamps & dies, Versafine onyx black & Memento tuxedo black inks, Copic markers, rubbing alcohol (!), Darice diagonal stripe embossing folder, Paper Smooches Foliage 2 die

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Looks wonderful! Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Fantastic card, gorgeous flowers on that black background it's stunning. you would never know it was a fail. AWESOME.

Tracy Freeman said...

Its gorgeous I get what you mean about the colouring challenge, I always say im going to take part and then because of the press i put on myself to do it when i don't do it i feel so bad, next challenge certainly less putting pressure on myself.
Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog.
Have a great day :)