Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Colouring Challenge, Day 5


Day Five of Kathy Racoosin's The Daily Marker 30 Day colouring challenge — and I'm just a bit concerned at how rapidly June seems to be moving along! It's Tracey turn today to supply our little group of colouring friends, and she sent us an assortment of images and sentiments from Jungle Littles, by Hello Bluebird. 


Tracey gave us lots of animals to choose from, but my attention went almost at once to this cute little monkey. (Ardyth has already posted her card from today's colouring on Instagram, and my card is more CAS than hers. That's a little scary. :D) Colouring the monkey and vine was a little challenging, considering how few brown Copic markers I have. And yes, I could have gone green, since it's a vine, but I didn't want to. :P I stencilled the background with three shades of distress ink for a jungly background. As I wanted to use the white-on-black sentiment Tracey included, I matted the wonky-cut panel in black; otherwise I might have considered brown. 
I've been so busy colouring and turning the results into cards that I haven't been paying attention to any challenges! But since Simon Says Stamp's current Wednesday challenge is Anything Goes, I'm linking up there. 



Supplies: white & black cardstock, Hello Bluebird Jungle Littles stamps, Versamark, Versafine onyx black & bundled sage, peeled paint & mowed lawn distress inks, Copic markers, Winnie & Walter Scenery: The Leaf Effect stencil, Wink of Stella black glitter pen, foam tape

SaveSave Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Marge said...

It is so cute, Lindsey! Love the leavew background with your fun sketch and the monkey is colored pretty! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Marge

Esther Asbury said...

Love your cute little monkey card, Lindsey! The sponged leaves are just the perfect touch!
I'd love for you to link up to the brand new challenge over on Cropstop. (It's always anything goes as long as you use a product or two from one of the companies carried in the store. You did!)
https://cropstop.blogspot.com/2018/06/june-link-party-40.html

Dotty Jo said...

Love it! Never can resist a monkey with a banana! Jo x