Monday, June 4, 2018

Colouring Challenge, Day 4


Day Four of Kathy Racoosin's The Daily Marker 30 Day Colouring Challenge turned out to be quite a challenge for me! Which is totally unfair, considering it was my turn to pick the image for Emily, Ardyth, Tracy, Tasha and Karen. I have absolutely no idea what I was thinking when I decided to emboss this floral grouping from The Ink Road in white satin pearl embossing powder. Live and learn, I suppose. Since it's my stamp, I could have restamped it differently... but that would have felt like cheating. ;) So here is the best I could come up with: 


I coloured my flowers with Zig markers, and am okay with that part of my colouring. With the white embossing, I needed to outline the image so the it stood out against the watercolour paper background, and again, I have no idea what I was thinking when I thought grey would be a good idea. I was sure I'd wrecked it, but after I walked away for a while, decided I could live with it. Especially when I paired it with a grey card base and sentiment, so it almost seemed like I'd planned it. ;) And now I have an emergency sympathy card for my stash. 

 Supplies: Stampin' Up smoky slate cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, The Ink Road Bella Flora & Marianne Designs With Sympathy stamps, Versafine & Colorbox grey whale inks, Ranger clear & Hero Arts white satin pearl embossing powders, Zig markers, Creative Memories corner-rounding punch 

Pin It Now!

No comments: