Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Colouring Challenge, Day 26


We are really counting down the days left in Kathy Racoosin's The Daily Marker 30 Day colouring challenge now! Today Emily has provided us with some cute images that were fun to put together into a scene.



I love that the passengers and various accessories are separate from the tandem bike, rather than all one big image. So many possibilities! (A great "missing you" card if you left one seat empty, for instance...) But I wanted two cyclists as well as the bunny and the balloon — his ears and the trailing balloon help suggest speed, I think. So of course they had to be going down a hill. Why the hill is yellow grid paper, I'm not so sure. :P I didn't want the sky to detract from the main image, and a white background was too stark, so I used my stippling brush to lightly colour the sky with a couple of distress ink blues. Then I fit everybody together (Hey! Where are the helmets?) and added a little sentiment that would keep this card multi-occasion. 

Supplies: white cardstock, October Afternoons All Aboard patterned paper, Neat & Tangled Ride with Me stamps & dies, The Angel Company sentiment stamp, Memento tuxedo black ink, tumbled glass & broken china distress inks, Copic & Spectrum Noir markers, Lil' Inkers stitched sentiment flag & Winnie & Walter Katharine Cutaway dies, foam tape 

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute card, great use of all the parts of the set, good idea about the stippling of the sky. and very interesting story of the card, yes, where are the helmets?