Saturday, June 23, 2018

Colouring Challenge, Day 23


For Day 23 of Kathy Racoosin's The Daily Marker 30 Day colouring challenge, Ardyth sent our little group of colouring friends images and sentiments from two MFT stamp sets, Rain or Shine and Puddle Jumper. How could she have known a month ago when we were organizing this that today would be grey and rainy??? :P 


If I can credit this current challenge with anything, it's getting me more comfortable with colouring people. Not that I'm suddenly changing my cardmaking ways, but at least when I have to, I can do it. More or less. :D In retrospect, a lighter red might have made her coat a bit less wool pea coat-like and a little more slicker-like, but I can live with it. ;) For the  background, I used a bit of watercolour powder for what I thought was a suitably stormy background. I gave her a die cut sentiment to balance on. 
Despite her weather, I think this is bright and cheerful enough to enter in the current Wednesday challenge at Simon Says Stamp.  


Supplies: white cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, MFT Rain or Shine stamps & dies, Memento tuxedo black ink, Copic markers, Magenta Nuance cerulean watercolour powder, Spellbinders oval & MFT layered labels dies, Marvy/Uchida corner-rounding punch, foam tape

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Another beauty! Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Adorable image and beautifully coloured, great design. Just right for today at Turkey Point.

Stampin Mindy said...

AWE! This image is one of my favorites. You did an amazing job with that background. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

♥ Mindy